Day 90! First time

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Mr Rn, Jul 7, 2021.

1. cresyhorse

cresyhorse Fapstronaut

yeah you mentioned good planning, very good point. can you elaborate on that?

2. Mr Rn

Mr Rn Fapstronaut

I've never really been a person to have wet dreams, everyone's different, some people have them every 10 days others every 100. I did have one time during my streak where I had some emission. I'd say about 10 P related dreams as well with no emission. I'm not sure if they start decreasing after some time. Your body wil always know when to release semen, I presume it will be a constant amount of days if semen production was constant

Isobar likes this.
  3. Mr Rn

Mr Rn Fapstronaut

Sure, planning is essential to succeeding in recovery. Prior to nofap success, I would, after a relapse, come out strong and ready for a new streak with a brute force mentality of 'never again'. Of course, this is the wrong mentality to have when we're talking about addiction, it's like saying "I'm quitting smoking" with a cigarette pack in your drawer. Through countless failures I realised that this method was wrong.

Good planning comes from understanding one's self, although you may think you know a lot about yourself, you may tend to forget some of your own habits that might be negating success in the long run. So the first thing that comes from planning - journaling - noting a quick summary each day - any highlights or turning points in terms of decisions made that day should be noted. After a certain point you will be able to pinpoint multiple errors in your routine. I certainly found some that would lead me to an easy relapse - for example, if I were to have a bad day, my brain would try and remain negative up until I would crave that instant high from pmo. Or if I had a really good day, I would want to keep the day going and finish it off on a 'good note'.

Second important thing is to note these bad habits and replace them with something new - my previous lifestyle would be heavily reliant on gaming to get my satisfaction, now it's going to the gym. Try new things. You will go through a few things that you may not like, but try it, you been meaning to go for a run, that one cycle ride, meditating, going out with some friends.

Also have a plan for when you get hit with strong urges, you'll find that as you start getting into a rythym, it'll be easy to handle the normal urges you'll get, but you may find yourself getting comfortable and end up underestimating an urge. I use a method called urge surfing stated in this website:
    https://pmoflatline.com/nofap-and-urge-surfing/

You know yourself better than anyone, so it's all well me telling you what to plan, but through experience and journaling you'll know exactly what and how you'll plan your recovery. Wish the best.

cresyhorse likes this.