1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does coffee optimize or hurt the body?

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by jcl1990, May 10, 2022.

1. It can be very helpful to do some research about the usage of caffeine.
    Caffeine is a drug. For me it is.
    I already switched over to caffeine free coffee. But even then I feel the level of caffeine increasing every day.
    It's good to know the body needs 6 hours to break down 50% of the caffeine.
    That means that after 24 hours, the amound of caffeine in the body is still 6% (1/16) of one cup of coffee.
    So after 24 hours there is left 3,75 mg caffeine of one cup of coffee (60mg) in the body.
    It increases when you drink more cups a day.

I always feel much better after a coffee fast, so for me that makes a lot of sense.

Linerider and HealingBodyandMind like this.
  2. Bastet

Bastet Fapstronaut

Coffee's perks are real – energy boost, task aid, and wakefulness. Yet, going without can enhance overall health and energy. Opt for 1-2 cups of mild instant coffee. Watch the dental impact, though

HealingBodyandMind likes this.
  3. biggermack352

biggermack352 Fapstronaut

I get heightened anxiety when I drink too much caffeine. I have found that if I drink under 50 mg of caffeine a day then I can enjoy the benefits without too much anxiety. So I try to stick to teas. Usually after lunch when I start getting sleepy.

HealingBodyandMind likes this.
  4. ricardohector

ricardohector Fapstronaut

Moderate coffee consumption, typically defined as 1-2 cups of instant coffee per day, can indeed offer benefits like increased alertness, improved mood, and temporary relief from fatigue. However, excessive coffee intake may lead to adverse effects such as insomnia, nervousness, and digestive issues. Going without coffee may not necessarily make the body healthier in the long run, but it can help mitigate potential negative effects associated with excessive caffeine consumption. Additionally, it's essential to practice good oral hygiene as coffee consumption can contribute to dental issues such as tooth staining and enamel erosion.

Joseph Campbell likes this.