1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting into reading!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Iwannaquitplz, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Iwannaquitplz

Iwannaquitplz Fapstronaut

fiction, most things in this genre that isn't overly descriptive and/or complex.

2. FormerFapaholic

FormerFapaholic Fapstronaut

What sort of films or TV programmes do you like watching then? Maybe that could help narrow it down.

3. AlienOverlord

AlienOverlord Fapstronaut

Here ye go (not mine)

http://wyzend.com/tagr/index.php

It's on online copy of Think and Grow Rich. (totally legal, public domain)

Whether you agree with it or think it's bs, it just might be enough to keep you occupied. There's even a chapter on sex which appears to talk about converting sexual energy into something productive.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    Iwannaquitplz likes this.
  4. Read motivational books... Biographies Elon musk, Jeff bezos, buffet etc... Read thriller books like Holmes.. Augustie Christine... Mystery novels...

Iwannaquitplz likes this.
  5. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Dan Brown's books are pretty gripping. I can read them cover to cover in one sitting.

6. Since you liked Lord of the Rings you should try reading the prequel: The Silmarillion. I'll warn you though, it's VERY different from LOTR in terms of Tolkien's writing style.

I'd also recommend The Dark Tower books by Stephen King, despite the atrocious movie that just came out (which is nothing like the books... that movie was a disgrace).

samnf1990 likes this.
  7. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Most Stephen King movies are disgraces compared to the books.

The only exception to this rule is 'The Shining.'

The one time when the movie out shinned the book - pun intended.