1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there no any god in Buddhism?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Zillion, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Zillion

Zillion Fapstronaut

I don`t know much about Buddhism hence ive got started just a month back..
    so kindly apologize if i state anything incorrect or misleading..

the founder of Buddhism 'Siddartha Gautama' is not considered as god. but he told to be a priest or monk..

He have found the reason behind dissatisfaction, suffering of a mankind.. its an attachment toward any person or possession causes trouble in the course of human life..

Also he have told us about 4 noble truth and 8 fold path to be followed is the road to attain enlightenment...

But why do we come to see that most followers are worshipping buddha as the god unlike just following his ideologies..

also one more question, as a beginner of buddhism i would like to know that
    do i want to join any community of buddhism like Theravada, Mahayana, Rajyana
    or i can practise right from my home?

2. 4DCreator

4DCreator Fapstronaut

Buddhism is about meditation and unlearning everything you have ever learned. Our personalities are mostly shifter when we are young because of the parents. So we don't live out true self. We live a false persona. Buddhism is about finding your real self what was your purpose to before you were born. When you go to Buddhist monk he won't teach you anything. He will tell you to meditate for long hours a day and unlearn everything and look for your real self inside what you find.