letter

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Hey everyone.

It’s been a long time since I’ve really connected with anyone, so I wanted to take a step towards this by joining here. It’s important to be with other believers, and I freely confess that I haven’t done well with this.

It’s also been a long time since I’ve been on NoFap, and I don’t really know many people here anymore. So, just a short introduction:

I call myself letter here on NoFap, because if God is the Word then I am just a letter; a small part of Him, and filled by Him. I met my wife here on the forums, and we’ve been happily married for just over a year now. God’s used her to help me so much.

My story with church is, well, a story. It’s why I haven’t connected with others. The wounds of what I’ve been through run deep, and healing has been slow. I hesitate to reconnect to a church in a more traditional way because of what I sense would happen. But, I’m here, and I have peace with God for this.

I hope we can encourage each other along our unique paths towards Him. Blessings, letter.

2. Welcome back. It is good to hear your voice again.

I also have a long story about my involvement with the little-c, man-made church. I remain contentedly disconnected from all the noise while still enjoying Christian community in a variety of venues.

You are most welcome here. I hope to hear from you again soon!

letter and WalterDouglas like this.
  3. WalterDouglas

WalterDouglas Fapstronaut

Hello, brother!
    Welcome! Can't wait to hear more from you!
    I thought I was the only one struggling with joining a church. Especially these last couple of weeks. We are all here for you! Feel free to contact me anytime. It will be a great joy if there is any way I can be of service or help.

letter likes this.
  4. EastAnglian

EastAnglian Fapstronaut

Hi letter!

Welcome to you! I hope you enjoy your return to the forum. Good on you for taking this step. I'm happy to hear you met your wife here, I met my partner on a forum. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

letter likes this.
  5. letter

My Journal
    Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome :) You've made me glad to take this step.

I hope I can get to know you all a little better as the days go on. I'd like to reach out and respond to you each individually, and perhaps I will, but for now I have a bunch of work to plow through. I'll reach out by the weekend, God willing, if not sooner.

6. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Welcome and congratulations on finding your wife as you have done. My wife is one of the greatest blessings in my life and now after 43 years, I can say that I love her more today than the day we married. I can also say that this deeper love has been found through a devotion to Christ because He has guided us both to know what true love is.

God calls each of us in slightly different ways but perhaps he doesn't lead us to remain comfortable. It sounds as if you are in exactly the right place for you today but as and when we are ready, Our Precious Lord may give you a glimpse of another challenging step towards Him. So, I offer a short glimpse of my own stage on the journey and what I have found in an "organized" church. Every time I step into my church, I feel that I am entering a timeless place, free of worldly concerns and judgements, but complete with reverence for the majesty, love and sanctifying grace of God.

Tao Jones likes this.
  7. letter

My Journal
    I’m happy to hear that places like that still exist :)

…and it’s past the weekend. I was putting out fires, and still am. Hopefully, soon, things will be calmed.

White Sheep likes this.
  8. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Life is chaotic. We have little control of what happens around us, but with grace obtained through prayer and obedience to God's will we can find the strength to choose how we react to it. May God imbue you with His grace today.