1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

MINIMIZING EGO!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Zillion, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Zillion

Zillion Fapstronaut

I knew that the basic driving force of survival of mankind is EGO, but it feels embarrassing and annoying when we obtain it in larger quantities.

let me explain my problem, just let me know your suggestions or solution right after finishing to read the article.

i used to deal with the ego, whenever I involve in speaking with someone (it would be mostly friends or family members).

I will get an impulse to finish my statement first, and i get mad if someone interrupts or talks in-between of my speech.

also sometimes i feel superior regarding my character, future goals, my lifestyle..

so it really devastating and ruining my speech all the time, so i wanna reduce or diminish entire ego if possible..

2. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

We can try to suppress our egos, but they are always there. Trying to remove it is impossible in this life. Only in the next life will a person be free from the attachment of the ego. Our egos bring suffering, but the next life, for believers, we will be free from our egos, thereby making us cease suffering.

3. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Your source? Because this is a steaming pile of horse crap.

He can fix it within a month if he understands the cause of his inflated self-esteem.

Again. Source?

4. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

This is moreso a childish thing and not a real issue. Fix it by understanding that everyone has an equal right to voice their opinions. If someone cuts in the middle of your statement, just stop and tolerate it the first few times. If they insist on making a habit out of it, call them out on it and ask them why they can't wait.

Remember bro: life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

Nugget9 likes this.
  5. 4DCreator

4DCreator Fapstronaut

Damaged people which have experienced childhood trauma or abuse have a strong and fragile ego. They are easily offended and angry (and some of them may feel extremely important about themselves). They can appear as very self-confident and they can also become very financially successful but they are still children in their adult body who are trying to hold on their ego which is trying to protect themselves from going into pain (which would heal them) These people are extremely insecure. It is difficult to go against your own ego because ego is strongly imprinted in your brain from your childhood trauma.

But you can get rid of it by doing things that go against your own ego. But you will most likely experience very dissociative feelings and depersonalization in order to heal from it. It is a very strong and difficult long term process as you will have a feeling it is not you anymore and you don't want to live such a life anymore. You will feel vulnerable to the world. You will feel like you lost your manliness, but you haven't. The only ego will be saying that in your head until it is gone. Good luck with it.

6. What do you mean by ego tho? I assume you just mean arrogance? If so you can definitely decrease it and even remove it completely. If you act the way you say you act then it might also come from a place of too low self esteem and not too much self esteem. For example maybe as a child you were not let to speak, your feelings and opinions were ignored or silenced. So now you feel the need to finish talking because you unconsciously feel scared from not being heard. Just an example.

However if by ego you mean you sense of self then obviously you can not remove. Because then you would not function properly in this world. You can somewhat reduce it so you identify with more than just yourself. Which is what people who seek spiritual enlightenment are trying to accomplish.

I'm not a psychologist so I don't really know much about how to get rid of this. But the best I can recommend is mindfulness meditation. If you learn to be aware of what you fell, such as urges, anger, etc, then you can stop yourself and not do it. Of you are aware of these feelings of superiority and arrogance then they can not posses you, you always have control. And you cal actually take that and turn it into a type of charisma and positive self esteem.