1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My 8-year fight with PMO

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by aztx.1998, Jun 26, 2017.

1. aztx.1998

aztx.1998 Fapstronaut

Greetings, NoFap!

I just want to share my story. So it was 8 years ago, I think it was either New Year's Eve going to '09 or '10 (I'm not sure) that I first PMO-d to a Men's Magazine video.

Of course I had the extremely "feel good" reaction, and lo and behold, it became what I dealt from 6th grade to now, 2017.

I hope and do wish NoFap will help me.

What seems to throw me off more than anything else is a concrete plan to do combat this nightmare. I am lacking directions in terms of this, and am eager to here from y'all where I should start. I mean, I'm only an 18 y/o (going 19) in college, do not have a job nor do not know how to drive at the moment. I am currently in our church's college ministry, but I still go back to PMO sometimes, if not, in most cases.

Please feel free to give me suggestions on how to begin. It seems to me that if I do plan, it doesn't turn out well and I'm back to Day One. And it's also, I think, would be a wonderful experiment to do so.

Thanks,
    aztx.1998

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome! I'm glad you're here.

I am happy for you that you're tackling this early in life. It took me a lot longer before I found NoFap.

There's a "what's working" link below that may help. And there are lots of good ideas and information all over this site.

Keep coming back!

aztx.1998 likes this.
  3. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

Check out In Case You Didn't Know for strategies and tips which may help you along your journey.