1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help about lower belly and wide waist

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Deleted Account, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Hi brothers , I have been doing fitness for years as an amateur. I've tried a lot of things, but now I'm doing calisthenics. As you can see from the title, I don't like my waist measure and also it looks bad. It looks very wide and fatty. I reduced the calories I took in order to burn the fat around my waist, but this also reduced my training performance. And I guess my joints don't feel good because my body can't recover on low calories.

This low calorie diet caused this measure change in my body.

Height: 180 cm (5.9 feet)
    Weight: 98 kg (213 lbs)
    Arm size: 40 cm (15.7 inch)
    Waist size: 99.5 cm (39.2 inch)

Height: 180 cm (5.9 feet)
    Weight: 94 kg (207 lbs)
    Arm size: 39 cm (15.3 inch)
    Waist size: 95 cm (37.4 inch)

As it seems, I slimmed my waist but lost my arm measurement as well , thats not good because I don't want to lose my muscles.. As I said above, I feel my joints not very well and my training performance also decreases due to the low calorie intake for example my max push-up reps in one row is decreased. I'm not look fat but when I look YT channels I see lots of man that have six path with 42 cm (16.5 inch) arms , I ask myself why I don't look like these guys.. I want to look more shredded and muscular what can I do about this ?

2. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

Man sorry to say this but it sounds like you still have a long way to go. Put your calories in a way that you lose 0.5kg per week and train well. Also try to learn more on fitness in general.
    I recommend liamrosen.com/fitness.html

Controller69 likes this.
  3. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Eat more protein dense foods to increase calories it doesn't become fat but helps to create and recover muscle.
    Losing fat is about what you eat, being in a deficit not about exercise.

Controller69 likes this.
  4. I trust myself , brother.
    Thanks for the link also , It's explain many things.

Christoph108 likes this.
  5. For now I don't think to increase my calorie like surplus diet(more calorie than my maintain calories). In general , I think I take enough protein for my training. Thanks for advice brother.

6. greenboy_01

greenboy_01 Fapstronaut

You shouldn't compare yourself with these fitness youtubers. They have like 0.00001% top genetics, they are gifted with very good genetics. Some of them are on stuff, this can explain why they are soo skinny but still get muscular. Imagine your physique you want to achieve, take the half of that, this is more realistic. If you set goals for yourself that aren't realistic it will be very difficult to achieve because it seems too far away.

In my opinion you are doing a good job you lost a good amount of weight, slimmed down your waist and lost minimal of muscles. You should try to loose weight slowly and eat enough protein, if you do this you won't break down your muscles.

Good luck with your journey!

I'm The Chosen One likes this.
  7. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

I said eat more protein to increase your training performance because you said it was more hard to train with the amount of calories you are taking. And better performance equals more muscle and more muscle means an acceleration in your metabolism and this means fast fat burning.

If you don't want to do that, then stay with the same calories and reduce carbohydrates and change it for protein. To loose fat you need to reduce glycogen storage so fat is used as energy this happens when you eat less carbohydrates. Extra protein helps not to loose muscle while this happens. It's a temporary measure, when your goals are met you can eat back to normal.

I'm The Chosen One likes this.
  8. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

I’m making great progress, can already fit in some shorts size 30 waist even though it’s still a little snug. Still got some more fat to lose.

MindfulWarrior likes this.