1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Great 365 Mile+ Peaceful Warrior Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Cartographer, Feb 1, 2021.

1. WHMvsPMO

WHMvsPMO Fapstronaut

Btw Hof has a twin brother and they've studied him too...

Slider8 and Cartographer like this.
  2. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Ran 5.5 miles yesterday,

Didnt check in, was in a bit of a flurry lol. Great run, tried to maintain the same mantra of I intend to be Kind and Compassionate.

I hope that you all have a great day!

I have not done pull-ups in some time. I stick mostly to stretching, pushups, core workouts, and something called the X3 Bar. Although, I am not consistent with these workouts lol.

Twin studies are so cool! In the past I was very interested in the Kelly Brothers NASA twin study.

Slider8 likes this.
  3. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

A great free resource for mapping running distances is (https://onthegomap.com/#/create) if you are interested! The website also provides elevation profiles for those of us living in the mountains.

Slider8 likes this.
  4. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

Yesterday ran/walked 4.14 miles with my dogs. I run in the local neighborhood. My laps come out to be 0.69 miles (1.1 km). This is the only place I run. Until I get further in my recovery I will keep this loop, for the safety of my wife (her betrayal trauma). There is a small incline. It feels almost flat after these weeks of running. It is hard to run with a good rhythm with my dogs. One young and crazy, the other one old and doesn't want to maintain speed. However, my dogs helped me achieve my fastest lap. Sheer willpower to keep myself from stopping. Oh I just wanted to go home and do something else! Nevertheless, I pulled through.

Today: ran 5.52 miles. I increased my average lap time (estimating). I wanted to run a little more but I didn't want to push the knee. Tomorrow I will go for 6 miles again.

Happy trails everyone!

Cartographer and Slider8 like this.
  5. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Me too :) BTW do they use just one grey rubber band for resistance or there is a range of bands to use with the bar?

6. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Oh that's a cool tool,just love it's ability to calculate elevation !:) Thank you for sharing it!

7. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Well done ! As for me I'll probably stick with half marathons every 2 days with breaks in between to recover.:)
    Run 14.7 miles today, but felt myself not completely recovered from Wednesday's run. My next run is scheduled for Monday :).(White belt with one stripe,38.15 miles )

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    eagle rising likes this.
  8. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

They have a range of bands
    • "Custom Engineered Resistance Bands up to 600 lbs (272 kg). – Includes Extra-Light, Light, Medium, and Heavy. (600+ lb Elite Band sold separately) bands made from layered latex of exceptional thickness"
    The one that I have is an earlier model then what is advertised and it has a red, blue, and green band I believe. :)

Slider8 likes this.
  9. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

10.3 Miles this morning!

Turned down a road that I have been putting off a while (For context: My goal for mid-summer is to take that road all the way down to the peak of a mountain [11.5 miles one way] and it is an incline the whole way. Right now I am doing out and backs to build the endurance, and because I do not want to ask a friend to come pick me up at 6 in the morning lol).

Anyways, this morning's thought was on fear as I looked down that dark road early in the morning. With a mindset of "go for it" I was able to take that next step towards my goal. I gained a new perspective of the valley just by taking that next step and not allowing myself to be intimidated and running back to make the distance up somewhere more familiar to me.

Also, had a random thought about barriers to access (for children) for P on my run which I intend to expand on in a different post on an appropriate forum.

With that said, "go for it!"

eagle rising and Slider8 like this.
  10. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

Didn't check in for the last 2 days but up 10.5 miles (5.5 mi/5 mi respectively).

White Belt I now!

eagle rising likes this.
  11. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Didn't check in for yesterday, but done 13.55 miles.:) Just walked around fast today.(51.7 miles total)

eagle rising and Cartographer like this.
  12. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

4 miles this morning!

Late start and very windy. Had a good chat with Mr. Wind this morning. We are coming to understand each other a little better :)

eagle rising and Slider8 like this.
  13. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Just walking today !

eagle rising and Cartographer like this.
  14. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

Since I last posted:
    1. Walked with dogs - 4.21 miles
    2. Exercise bike - 1:24 minutes (I would say that that is 9.66 miles running equivalent, just taking time into account)
    3. Ran - 6.9 miles

I have been focusing on my breathing and trying to run lighter. I alternate laps running heel-toe and on the ball of my feet.

You guys are doing awesome!

Slider8 and Cartographer like this.
  15. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Ran 5.1 miles,

Snuck one in before tomorrow's long run and the winter weather bearing down on us. I have noticed that my mind is much more active since having started school again (I'm sure that you can sympathize @eagle rising hahahaha).

It is interesting to think that running breeds energy in a way that few understand. I feel clean and efficient. A positive lifestyle with healthy food, physical activity, and mentally stimulating activities has led me closer to grasping some understanding of what it means to be my best self. I intend to introduce more spiritual activity to my life wherever I can find the time.

Keep up the great work everyone! I will try and do a status post this weekend!

Slider8 and eagle rising like this.
  16. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

5 miles,

First run of the week. Very active week with work and school. So happy that I snuck today's run in :)

Thought from the run came up when I saw a street sign reflect the spectrum of light and the colors changes as I came closer to the sign.

This led me to think that "our experience is determined by our perspective."

Here is an interesting video that discusses the topic a bit :)

Slider8 and eagle rising like this.
  17. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Yeah and it would be rather current experience which apart from the perspective is determined by the memories and understanding formed by our previous experiences. It might be hard to impossible to perceive something that we never met before and have no memories about and if we somehow notice something we still tend to use our previous memories to explain and catalogue it as a new memory.

Cartographer likes this.
  18. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

Checking in:
    4.14 miles yesterday
    10.35 miles today
    I spent some hours on the stationary bike over the week. It actually helped me in a big way during my run. I was able to maintain a faster speed during the first half without "considerable effort". Second half, had to walk because of the knee. I will still keep going no matter what!

Cartographer likes this.
  19. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

4 miles,

Dont make excuses. Treat your thoughts (yes those thoughts of anger, desire, attachment) as an old friend.

Keep moving forward!

20. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

2.1 miles today !(53.8 total)

Cartographer likes this.