1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Yeah brother, only by living in the world it is possible to measure the changes in yourself and either rise to where you never been before or quickly fall back into the endlessly being stuck in self created nightmare.

2. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

How is the quality of your sleep? It's very important to get some quality sleep everyday to be able to focus for a long time.:)

3. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Good way to celebrate !;)

4. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

I think the worst urges are for 3 days after relapse or after wet dream, so that if you pass the initial 3 days 4th one will be the beginning of the much easier days to live through.
    I think that procrastination on doing the things you planned causes you to loose self-esteem and feel out of control.Accordingly you either punish yourself with relapse or trying to feel better despite lowered self esteem by PMO indulgence.
    Maybe if you'd try to do 1 or 2 most important things from your list you would end up doing them and if you would have 20 tasks they would overwhelm and scare you off before you had even started.

5. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 3

One of the more nerve-wracking days of my life, I have an interview tomorrow that I desperately want to pass and it’s taking a lot of effort to maintain my composure.

I found your words incredibly helpful today @eagle rising - I came close to relapsing due to stress until your perspective reframed my own, I will carry this wisdom through the rest of my battle!

6. ksie

ksie Fapstronaut

Check-in DAY 2

What I try to implement nowadays is to call and have at least 2 x 30min conversation with some friends. Maybe even a meeting. In a pandemic, it is difficult to keep the relationships and I guess loneliness is the reason I choose PMO to deal with emptiness. I also pray.
    Thank you for being here everyone!

7. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Checking in, 26 days. Reading some thoughtful reflections from you, ring bearers. You are all awesome and inspirational. You give me the courage to keep fighting, and the knowledge that victory is possible. Thank you all. :emoji_pray:

8. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day. 41 Saint Joseph pray for us

9. It's a tough realization to come to, brother. There's something I heard a lot that encapsulates the spirit of the world. "I'm married, not dead". This is supposed to justify "innocent" flirting, but it doesn't. For those of us who are alive in Christ we need to be dead to the world and similarly for those of us who are married we need to be dead to others when it comes to that.

I've also found that flirting is a huge waste of time and a total sap of mental energy. When I was studying languages on various apps I found myself gravitating to talking to women and trying to be flirty (mostly unsuccessfully haha). The fun does not outweigh the time wasted.

Day 310.

10. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

11. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

This phrase rather conveys the feeling, that person appreciates the same values in other women for which he has married and well sometimes it might be, mostly(if the marriage was based on it), an attractiveness of the physical form, but the older you become the more your values shift towards partners mindset, spiritual values and genuine goodheartedness for they are the true foundation of marriage and if they are absent you will look for them elsewhere...

12. Whew, sorry for missing so many check-ins, folks. Crazy week, in a good way though.

Day 6 is complete on my current streak. If I'm not already an Uruk-Hai, I'll be one by tomorrow. Now I'm off for a cold shower!

13. Ashen One

Ashen One Fapstronaut

14. KingWhalers

KingWhalers Fapstronaut

Day 1
    No urges and no chaser effect

15. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship :). 19 days hard mode!!! A personal record :D. my no p-m record is 173 days , but i never manage to stay more than 18 days in full no p-m-o, so today is celebration day :emoji_juggling::emoji_basketball_player::emoji_cartwheel:. i´m happy :) but most of all i´m not struggling, there´s a peace mindset. there is no sense of loss or missing out on something, although this shadow hit me a bit on the last days but i put my mind straight again. so i´m feeling 100% solid and will continue this path until 90 days ;)

i found there are particular beliefs that destroys sobriety in the short and long term. some of them have been talked here recently, but i will sum it up here. just the belief, not the answer (that´s everybody´s job to do ;)).

anyone that have more beliefs please add, it´s very important. dismantling subsconscious beliefs is crucial for the reboot process.

"PMO is a pleasure"
    "Just one time"
    "Just a peak"
    "I´m addicted forever"
    "I can´t live without PMO"
    "I´m entitled to watch naked ladies"
    "My life will be forever dull"
    "I´m not strong or smart enough to be free"

The following brothers have upgraded and reach places in Middle Earth. Congratulations!!! :)

@Gallade_Templar - Uruk-Hai
    [​IMG]

@Ashen One - Bree / Eriador
    [​IMG]

Checking out brave Fellowship!!! :) Have a great day in Middle Earth!!! ;) :D :emoji_cartwheel:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  16. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

Checking in. Two days from Dwarfdom, yes!

17. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 42. Everyday has his challenges, let's do our best to overcome them

18. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

Day 189.

We are more! I wish everyone a good day!