The No Screen Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Force Majeure, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Force Majeure

Force Majeure Fapstronaut

2/60. I will not use the earlier deadline when to stop programming this time, only when to stop with all screens (22:25)

2. Force Majeure

3/60. One minute overtime.

3. It was well past ten when I switched off my computer. I didn't really use it for the last hour, though.

4. Force Majeure

5. Did a little bit of drawing until 21:10.

6. Jup1t3r

Jup1t3r Fapstronaut

This is a great challenge. Well done to the thread starter!

I remember that I had been doing something similar for quite a long while; whereby I would not look at a screen after the sun had set. I will be joining you chaps on this one, and I will set myself to the same standard. Sunset will be the limit.

Day 0 - "it has begun..."

The Great Safecracker likes this.
  7. I finished with screens basically at 8pm. Then I woke up before my 6am alarm first time in a while.

Awesome!

8. Force Majeure

Reset. I was in a pretty good shape a few weeks ago and I kept adding more and more routines. Then suddenly it turned the other way around and I started to skip my routines. When you have high goals and start to miss a few of them, it suddenly becomes easier to skip even more... That said, I will have to go back a few steps and construct goals that are possible for me to reach. Following the same steps as in the nofap challenges, I will go on a scheme like 3,7,14,30 days.

So here I am, day 0/3.

Nice! Sounds like a fantastic way to end the day on.

Welcome to the challenge! How dynamic will that deadline be for you? For me that would imply no screens after 3:30 pm during winter and after 11 pm during summer :p

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  9. Jup1t3r

Jup1t3r Fapstronaut

Fortunately, in Southern California, we do not have as great a deviation in daylight hours as that; but I base it of the light in the sky outside. If the light is as bright as a phone, I can use it; if not, then I have to put it away...

10. Yes, I did it last night, too. I'd like to make it more regular.

Force Majeure likes this.
  11. I was drawing in front of a screen until 21:20. I want to continue with this habit, but I also want to respect my 9pm limit. I need to make a decision that I start half past eight so I get to finish in time.

12. Force Majeure

3/3, my micro challenge completed. Starting with the next one, day 0/7.

I have slept quite a lot the last three days because I have fallen asleep the same time my kids goes to bed (8 pm). It actually feels very good in my body now, three days ago I had pain in my back and now it's completely gone. Some good sleep really does change to your life.

Besides the light intensity, I have set my screen to 4500K color profile *and* "night shift", which reduces the blue light from the screen. I am not saying you should disrespect your deadline and use this instead, just that it's pretty nice for the eyes. :)

13. It took some time past 9pm but not bad.

14. Force Majeure

1/7, woke up three seconds before the alarm today :emoji_thumbsup:

15. I’m gonna try and not use my phone or laptop for the whole of tomorrow. Just to see if I can do it.

16. I made good choices. At first, I was about to not. I figured, why would I care about my choices in the future if I don't do it now?

17. I finished correctly at 9pm. Then for some reason I later started watching a youtube video for half an hour. I guess I got my punishment as worse sleep.