1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

You teach me and I teach you

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Momakyet, Mar 8, 2022.

1. Momakyet

Momakyet Fapstronaut

Day 1
    Counters:
    No sweets/junk: 0 days
    No PMO: 1 days
    No youtube/social media: 0 days
    No videogames: 1 days
    Exercise: 1 days
    Meditation: 1 days

Today I just did a short one minute sessions of jump rope followed by 4 mins of rest for 15 mins.
    I ate a pack of chickpeas crisps/chips , so the No sweets/junk counter resets.
    Then about 20-30 mins of meditation lying on my back.

(I think I should clarify one of my rules for the counters, I'm allowing 15 mins a day for youtube, anything more than that will reset the counter. Also I "relapsed" on all the counters yesterday, so today is my fresh start again)

So this is the start my of journal on this forum. Personally I think its good to go on a self improvement journey as you do a nofap journey aswell, and I'd like to help you guys out on your self improvement (to the best of my abilities)
    so I'll give you 2 good YouTube channels you might want to watch to start out:
    (*trigger warnings for women and homosexual guys*)
    (also I would have given you guys links but my account is too new
    -Hamza
    -Iman Ghadzi

I also advice that you limit the amount of time you spend on websites such as youtube, twitter, reddit, etc. This is to prevent you copeing with the depression from NoFap.
    So maybe you should add this extension to your google chrome browser:
    -Youtube Time

The same goes for sweets/junk food, we don't want to be copeing with NoFap by overindulging these too, especially if you want to get into good shape, my tip that worked for me in the past is to fill up a glass of water and drink water every time you want to eat sweets or junk.

Finally I would like to advice you to get into exercising and meditation, as they sort of calm and control your mind, improve mental health (which is very important when you are trying to get out of most of these bad habits) and are good habits overall which could easily over take some of the bad habits if we are diligent enough.

Anyways that's all I have to say for this first entry, I hope some of my advice helped you guys, and I'll update you guys on the next entry.

-Momakyet :emoji_cat:

LuccaVelez and Hardboiled24 like this.
  2. Momakyet

Momakyet Fapstronaut

Day 2
    Counters:
    No sweets/junk: 1 days
    No PMO: 2 days
    No youtube/social media: 1 days
    No videogames: 2 days
    Exercise: 2 days
    Meditation: 2 days

Today I did an hour for my upperbody day workout,
    then I spend half an hour to an hour of meditation (I couldnt keep count cuz I was to lost in the meditation)
    I'm gonna try to finish the day off by reading something, I'll tell you guys what I learned from whatever I read tomorrow!

Finally I'm gonna end this entry by giving you guys my little tip for meditation:
    Everytime you want to stay focused repeat a little paragraph and keep thinking it over and over again, almost like a chant and focus on it so hard that you forget your train of thought. For me I say:
    "I am The Circle,
    The Circle is me,
    I feel nothing,
    I take nothing in
    " -( I say this because the main character in the book "The Ask and The Answer" says this to himself every time he wants to control his thought and stay focused)

Then when you lose focus you can come back to your meditative state by saying a single word like "calm" every time you breath in and focus on the breathing out.
    This is what helps me stay focused during my meditation, and I can say it definitely works for me because today I've had my longest meditation session using this technique to get my meditation session started.

Anyways that all I have for you guys today, see you guys later on the next entry.

-Momakyet [​IMG]

Hardboiled24 likes this.
  3. Momakyet

Momakyet Fapstronaut

Day 3
    Counters:
    No sweets/junk: 2 days
    No PMO: 0 days
    No youtube/social media: 2 days
    No videogames: 3 days
    Exercise: 3 days
    Meditation: 3 days

Today I relapsed (https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/relapsed-noooo.327832/)
    So the "No PMO" counter goes 0, :(
    But I've done everything else. I ate lunch and went outside for 1 and a half hours, to take my mind off "it" and do some ab workouts at the dip bars in the park:
    (*trigger warning for women and homosexual men*)

Im currectly reading "Complete book of Chakras" by Llewellyn

So far what I've learned is that Chakras are spiritual organs which you can not see, but can access through spirituality and meditation. Also they affect your personality and your physical health aswell as what you think and what your mood is, The Hindu chakra system has 7 chakras and kundalini is an energy that you can flow through the chakras to release their negative energy.

I'm gonna maybe study or meditate some more and take my mind off the relapse again
    Gotta stay strong and keep going, see you guys later in the next entry

-Momakyet[​IMG]

Hardboiled24 likes this.
  4. Momakyet

Momakyet Fapstronaut

Bad encounter with street kids

Day 5
    Counters:
    No sweets/junk: 4 days
    No youtube/social media: 0 days
    No videogames: 0 days
    Exercise: 5 days
    Meditation: 0 days

I felt like s**t yesterday cuz of the relapse so I didn't make an update for day 4. Yesterday I went out with a couple of friends but didn't do much. On our way back home some street kids pursuited us. At first they only said a couple slurs and slagged us, but then one of my friends said something back at them, which only made everything worse. (Context: these kids are friends with much older street peoples who could f*** us up easily so its not a good idea to "hurt" them). So we just keep walking and the street kids kept on following and slagging us, then I snapped and said a couple things back at them, that really pissed them off (was not a good idea looking back). They then starting threatening us that they know where we live and they tried to follow us home, but when we reached a main/busy road and crossed it, they left us alone.

This occurance only made my day even more s**tier, and I ended up playing videogames and watched a bit of anime and youtube to cope and as a result I wasn't bothered to properly meditate. So that's why some of the other counters have been reset.

I think my mind and body is still scared from what happened yesterday, but one good thing that has occurred from this is that I'm now more determined to exercise and maybe learn some martial arts to be physically stronger. I didn't skip my leg day yesterday and I dont think I ever will :) .

Anyways that all I have for today, see you guys in the next entry.

-Momakyet[​IMG]

5. Momakyet

Momakyet Fapstronaut

Day 6
    Counters:
    No sweets/junk: 5 days
    Exercise: 6 days

I feel better today, I have an exam tommorrow, so im jus gonna meditate for a while then study.
    Gotta stay strong and do the hard work especially when I don't feel like it.

-Momakyet[​IMG]

6. Momakyet

Momakyet Fapstronaut

Day 7
    Counters:
    No sweets/junk: 6 days
    No PMO: 3 days
    Exercise: 7 days
    Meditation: 2 days

Today I was just hanging out with some school acquaintances during lunch time. (I kinda stopped being friends with my best friends and a couple friends who he hangs out with cuz they are pretty much degenerates who do everything that is opposite to my self improvement journal, so I'm better off not hanging with him). Anyways back on topic, I was talking to them about how I've pretty much quitted videogames and havnt properly played videogames for the past 4 months. One of them started making fun of me with the other guys, and when I mentioned that I instead spend my time gratitude journalling, meditating, exercising or studying(and read books). He made fun of me for all those things and the others just went along with him.

At first I was pissed off, but I simply didnt talk to them for the rest of the day and realised its probably not a good idea to hang around with them (this wasn't the first time this has happened to me). Looking back I found it funny that I've surrounded myself with a bunch of degenerate people (and yes, they fap regularly, casually make jokes about it and they don't give a shit about nofap). So I think its time I distance myself with these bad friends, so I can be in a better mental state and keep or find better friends.

-Momakyet[​IMG]

7. Momakyet

Momakyet Fapstronaut

Day 8
    Counters:
    No sweets/junk: 7 days
    No PMO: 4 days
    No videogames: 3 days
    Exercise: 8 days

Yesterday waisted 1 and a half hours on discord instead of studying. So "No social media" counter resetted yesterday.

Today I had an interesting thought. And it was inspired by an older hamza video, where he mentions every time that you focus on your breath, its one rep for your brain and focus becomes trainable. I also remembered a video where someone was talking about if you practice art, then during your sleep for that day, your brain produces brain synapsis (neuron cells), and you get better at art (kinda like muscles growing).
    So I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth, and a thought came up. That every time I experience and urge to relapse (for any of the counters) and I mentally say "no" to myself, I'm technically doing one "brain rep" at the skill of resisting he urges and overtime I'll get better and more efficient.
    Therefore we should treat every urge as a chance to get one more "brain rep" (natural urges, not intentional), and train that skill to better improve at resisting the urges.

Anyways that was just a little thought that popped up in my head, see you guys in the next entry.

-Momakyet[​IMG]

8. Momakyet

Momakyet Fapstronaut

Day 9
    Counters:
    No sweets/junk: 8 days
    No PMO: 5 days
    No videogames: 4 days
    Exercise: 9 days
    Meditation: 4 days

Today was my upperbody day, although I didn't go to the park and do pullups today. Other than that, I hanged out with a few friends. When I came back home, there was a guest in our house and they gave chocolate cake as a gift to our family, so I had to eat it or it would be disrespectful, but I'm not reducing the No sweets counter as I didn't have an option or my parents would probably get angry at me, plus the goal is to stop the addiction. So I unwillingly consumed chocolate cake (one single small slice though).

I have a school project to get done within 2 and a half days, so I may be a little inconsistent with the updates these following days.

Anyways that's all the news I have for today, see you guys in the next entry.

-Momakyet[​IMG]

9. Momakyet

Momakyet Fapstronaut

Day 10
    Counters:
    No youtube/social media: 3 days
    No videogames: 5 days
    Exercise: 10 days
    Meditation: 5 days

After some pondering I decided to reset the sweet counter cuz I didn't eat healthy yesterday whether I had an option or not.
    Also yesterday I had a fapping urge multiple times during the day but i said "no" to them all, but at around 9:00 in the night I gave in and I watched the you know what, but I didn't orgasm (so its edging). Surprisingly I don't feel bad today and barely even had to think about yesterdays "relapse".

I'm gonna try to get this entry done soon as possible today cuz I got a project to do.
    Saw this hamza video and I think you should watch it too:

Gonna work more on meditation focusing cuz I've lost some focus latly.

Anyways that's it for today, see you guys in the next entry.

-Momakyet[​IMG]

10. Momakyet

Momakyet Fapstronaut

Day 11
    Counters:
    No youtube/social media: 4 days
    No videogames: 6 days
    Meditation: 6 days

Today was a great day I spend nearly 3 hours just hanging out with my friends at the park and it was sunny as shit and we met so many other friends there unintentionally. I was sweating like crazy when I came back, so I'm gonna do my leg day tomorrow instead of today.
    I'm planning to learn the planche pose in calisthenics.

I'm also starting to read this book
    Its about tarot cards, cuz I just got really interested in them all of sudden, they fascinate me!

Other than that, I gotta get that project finished by today, it should only take the next 3 hours or so to finish so not much pressure on that

Anyways I gotta project to do, see you guys in the next entry.

-Momakyet[​IMG]

Zephon likes this.
  11. Momakyet

Momakyet Fapstronaut

Hard Reset+New Counter
    Day 12
    Counters:
    Study(1-1/2hrs minimum): 1 days
    Meditation: 6 days

As you can see most of my counters are back to 1. I guess the pressure from yesterdays project really got to me. I ended up realising that even though I was exhausted, I still should have attempted the leg day instead of moving it to another day. I have also added a new counter (study) because my end of year exams are coming up so I should be really studying now.

Today I have done my leg day so I'm feeling pumped.

I also think its time I really start learning some martial arts. The following is a website with most of the kicks you'll have to know for martial arts:

Anyways that's all I have for today, see you guys in the next entry.

-Momakyet[​IMG]

12. Momakyet

Momakyet Fapstronaut

Day 13
    Counters:
    Study(1-1/2hrs minimum): 2 days
    Exercise: 2 days
    Meditation: 7 days

So I think I take a bit of a break from my pc entirely (I relapsed everyday). I think its very obvious now why I was able to do that 2 month streak. The simple technique I used was trying to not use social media and videogames was by using my pc much less during those days (some days I never even turned it on). And to put it simply it worked, I wasn't even trying to maintain a nofap streak, because it became a natural part of my lifestyle and it didn't feel unnatural. So after I'm finished this entry, I'm turning off my pc and won't turn it on until tomorrow (I'll try not turning it on tmrw tho). So expect less entries from now on.

I think its also time I change out my workout plan. My current plan is
    Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun
    leg, rest, upper, rest, leg, Abs, upper

I'm gonna change it to:
    Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun
    Ab, Rest, Upper, Rest, Leg, Ab, Rest

More rests during the week so my body can focus on growing (I don't know if that's scientifically accurate, but I want to grow tall before my growth plates close), also during a "rest" day I can play sports or do cardio, as long as I'm not tiring out the leg or upper body muscles.I'm gonna ask my mum to add much more protein to my diet and put more foods rich in minerals, vitamins (vegs), and a LOTS of protein (meats, fish, lentils). I'm insecure about my height cuz I'm really short compared to my friends, and today I saw a girl who was younger than me but WAY taller than me, and that kinda killed me on the inside)

Anyways that's all I have for today, stay safe, see you guys in a while

-Momakyet[​IMG]

13. Momakyet

Momakyet Fapstronaut

Day 24
    Counters:
    No sweets/junk: 3 days
    No PMO: 6 days
    No youtube/social media: 3 days
    No videogames: 6 days
    Study(1-1/2hrs minimum): 0 days
    Exercise: 0 days
    Meditation: 0 days

So I'm back, and even tho a lot of the counters have reset. Got my COVID booster dose recently so I wasn't able to exercise, and I was recently working on a presentation, so I forgot to meditate and study properly. But, I think I've learned a lot through out these past few days that helped me keep those counters up (up until now, off course). So I think I'll teach you guys, what helped me.

Firstly, staying away from my pc/devices really helps, it seems the more I'm left with a device on my own, the more likly I am to "miss use it". Staying away from pc has also given me much more happiness as of lately because,
    on Tuesday I delivered a speech/presentation on rapping techniques, and it surprisingly went flawlessly and everyone in my class was really interested in my presentation, especially our teacher, so that's given me a bit of a morale boost as of lately.

Now I understand for a lot of people that quitting videogames might be really difficult for them because a lot of their really good friends are people that they interact with online while playing videogames. And for some (especially for me) this may be very difficult to let go all of sudden. But in reality these people aren't really your "friends" if most of your "interactions" are within a virtual world in which we aren't concerned about each other real lives but or less concerned by their gaming skills and gaming experience.
    So I'm going to share you my "plan" that I used to slowly stay away from the videogames for long periods of time.

Step 1, go on a "break",
    just tell your internet homies (on discord or whatever) that you have to go on "holidays" or that you need a little break from the videogames. Tell them that you'll be back soon (because you probably will), then delete discord or the game (temporarily, off course).

Step 2, Mindfulness
    During your break whether it be 1 day, 1 week or even a month, I want you to spend the days outside at least 1 hour a day, walking or bicycling at the park or just chilling around some trees (doesn't matter aslong as you're outside).
    Then when you come back home, spend 10 minutes meditating (just breath in and out and try to focus on the breathing)
    Then look at your wall and think about what you want to become or what you want to do.
    Write out you plans for what you need to do to achieve this, and try to do it.

Step 3, Productivity
    If you need to do research then I advice READING BOOKS, seriously you'll be much more successful if you read a book on what you want to be, because you'll be more interested in the book and you'll learn MUCH more and spend A LOT of time focusing on the topic at hand.

If you can't buy a book or aren't bothered getting them other ways ;) ,
    Then USE articles and websites, NOT social media. But I still highly recommend to stay away from your devices when on a "break"

And in the very RARE circumstance that you have to use YouTube
    Then put this extension on chrome:

If on mobile, then read the article to get your YouTube set up properly:

Now that your YouTube recommendations don't exist anymore, you won't be waisting hours mindlessly watching YouTube videos that are unrelated to your research

Step 4, work on your goals
    Now that you have some knowledge, you should work on it or practice it, and become a better version of yourself.

If you give in and go back to play videogames, then don't worry try and try again, If you have to just simply stop being friends with these people online, then just do it, because your videogame conversations are keeping you guys "hooked" to the videogames. Another piece of advice I can give you is to talk and be better friends to the people you have genuine conversations with (i.e. school friends, family, other IRL friends)

Anyways that's all I have for today, see you guys in the next entry.

-Momakyet:emoji_cat:

14. Momakyet

Momakyet Fapstronaut

Day 30
    Counters:
    No sweets/junk: 9 days
    No youtube/social media: 4 days
    No videogames: 12 days

So I've been doing really well with the no videogames and sweets and decent for the no PMI and no youtube/social media.
    But my exercise, meditation and study are absolutely terrible. I feel disappointed and shameful at myself for not properly putting time into them these past few days. So I'm going to update you guys daily for the next few days, so maybe I can notice a trend in my growth and improve myself.

Today I was offered to be an accountability partner with someone and now I feel extremely grateful for them asking.
    (-So if you are reading this, thank you very much, it made my day)

Anyways, I don't have much to teach for this entry cuz I haven't read any books either, so I apologise for that.
    Hopefully I'll have something more interesting to tell you guys in the next entry!

"We're all gonna make it brahs"
    -Zyzz

15. Momakyet

Momakyet Fapstronaut

Day 36

Counters:
    No sweets/junk: 15 days
    No youtube/social media: 7 days
    Exercise: 7 days

I'm back!, phew,
    anyways my progress on the studying so far has been zilch,
    so I'm gonna up the counter every time I do even an ounce of study.

Yesterday I've done a neck workout, so I can get those neck gainz :emoji_muscle:
    and today I'm gonna go to the park and do some Ab workouts on the dip bars.

Once again I have nothing to teach you guys (I havn't read any of my books properly in the past week)
    So I'm gonna start reading dilligently again.

Also recently I've been going to the park to play basketball with some friends and a bunch of randomers, so I've gotten a huge interest in basketball and a boost to my social life.:emoji_anger_right:

Anyways thats every bit of news I have for you guys, I havn't really been that productive in the past days, but in the following days I WILL change that.

-Zyzz

WiseOwl likes this.
  16. Momakyet

Momakyet Fapstronaut

Day 38
    Counters:
    No sweets/junk: 0 days
    No PMO: 5 days
    No youtube/social media: 9 days
    Exercise: 8 days

I ate chocolate biscuits, sorry. I didn't study at all, sorry. I played dating games, sorry.

Tomorrow I'll make a strong effort to NOT PLAY VIDEOGAMES AT ALL. I'm only allowing 10 minutes MAXIMUM, for daily login rewards and stuff like that. (Offcourse, the next day will be even more harsher, like 5 mins max, or no mins max)
    I HAVE to study tomorrow at least 1 chapter really well, every time a thought comes into my head I write it down in a journal or meditate away.
    No sweets too, even though my mother spend money to buy those biscuits, I won't even eat a nibble off them anymore.
    Tomorrow is a leg day, and I will push through it so that my future self becomes stronger.

Even after all these set backs, I'm still proud of myself for conquering the Thursday, I won't let any Thursday ever defeat my nofap streak ever again.

I'm gonna go to bed soon, but before then I'm going to write some character descriptions for a story that I'm gonna write (this is just for fun, so I can spend time doing this than videogames)

Anyways thats it for today, I'm gonna really push myself even more tomorrow.

-Zyzz

17. Momakyet

Momakyet Fapstronaut

Day 39

Counters:
    No PMO: 6 days
    No youtube/social media: 10 days
    Exercise: 9 days
    Meditation: 4 days

I'M SO ANGRY. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

*breath in, breath out*
    So I didn't study shit today, cuz I'm an absolute idiot who waisted time playing A STUPID DATING SIM.

I think its time I tell you guys a little secret.
    When this school year is over, I'm gonna ask my dad for a couple of things:
    -get me a basketball
    -sign me up for martial arts lessons
    -change my school

The last one is something I really want, because I've been thinking about it since last year. But the reality is that he won't let me, cuz I won't get the grades he wants (A grade on every subject).
    And my school now, is making us pay things for next year and are giving us a deadline which ends this school year.
    So I need to build the courage up to tell my dad that I want to move school BY THIS WEEK.

But my grades aren't up to his standard (A grade every subject), so I need to STUDY so badly, but I end up distracting myself.

I seriously need to work on keeping my PC off, cuz the second I turn it on, I end up wasting time.

Tomorrow I'm going to test something new, I'll see how long I can spend the day until turning on my pc, I'll add a new counter to show you guys tomorrow and so I can monitor my progress.

Anyways keep pushing for more and I'll see you guys in the next entry!

18. Momakyet

Momakyet Fapstronaut

INSANELY CLOSE TO RELAPSING

Day 41
    Counters:
    No sweets/junk: 3 days
    No PMO: 8 days
    No youtube/social media: 12 days
    Meditation: 5 days

Today was probably the hardest day of this self improvement journey yet.
    The weather was absolute shit, so I couldn't go outside at all.
    Stuck in my room all day with this GOD DAMN FUCKING PC.

I had a really bad urge to watch "the you know what", and put that urge into playing videogames.
    But that made it worse and I went into a folder and I skimmed through a couple of "you know what" vids.
    I clicked off, and I didn't really, and this is the first time in ages, so it isn't a relapse or a reset.

I've waisted too much time today with this stupid PC and I nearly relapsed.
    WORSE OF ALL, I didn't properly study one bit, except for a bit of maths in the morning with my dad, but thats it.

I'm so disappointed that it is crazy. I wanted to play basketball so badly today but I couldn't cuz of the dumb weather.
    And I just get really stressed out when I'm in home, cuz of the end of the year exams are coming up.
    And I indulge in instant gratification to help with the stress which is wrong.
    I need to somehow convince my subconscious mind, that the logical way to deal with the stress is by working on the problem (i.e. study) instead of making it worse for yourself in the long run (videogames, social media, PMO)

I genuinely wish I had something interesting to tell you guys today, but I didn't and I'm sorry. See you in the next entry, I guess.

regular_man likes this.
  19. Hey bro, I really like how you have laid out your journal. Very informative way of tracking your progress. You are on your way to success bro. Slowly but surely . Keep it up! All the best

Momakyet likes this.
  20. Luk28

Luk28 Fapstronaut

Hi,
    I really like your journal. Yur structure in a counter at the top and a summary of the day makes a lot of sense. I also started journaling a couple of weeks ago and plan to post it on this forum from now on. I like Hamza's videos, too. Never heard of Iman Ghadzi but will check it out. Your aims are very ambitious. That's really good. I can also recommend to read "atomic habits" by James Clear and hot to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie sometime when you've got time. I wish you all the best.

regular_man and Momakyet like this.