The No Screen Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Jul 28, 2018.

1. ManAtWork

ManAtWork Fapstronaut

I haven't posted for a few days now in this thread. Truth is, I haven't switched off my devices this days.
    However I'm taking this serious now. Switching off my devices => Day 0 / 30 (22:15)

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. I've been done with screens by 9 pm a couple of days this week and the other two days I've continued longer.

Last night, instead of morning alarm, I accidentally set up a timer for 25 minutes like I do during the day in Pomodoro style. Just as I was about to fall asleep, I had to get up to shut down the noise. I thought "It can't be morning already!" After that it was hard to get sleep.

3. Philosophical_Dad

Philosophical_Dad Fapstronaut

1/30

Loving this challenge!

Force Majeure likes this.
  4. That's wonderful! Yeah I think this challenge has made a really big impact on myself too. It really does the trick! I tried so many times before to get to bed on time but it never worked. That was because I had put a deadline on the wrong thing - when I should be in bed. Something that requires planning of the last minutes every day... with bad planning, I always started to miss the deadlines and so they got ineffective. With this challenge, there are no deadlines to miss anymore because it's so easy to just close the lid! :)

5. ManAtWork

ManAtWork Fapstronaut

Day 1 / 30 (22:15)

6. Philosophical_Dad

Good point! That is a big part of it.

2/30

7. Philosophical_Dad

0/30

Messed up again last night. This is really hard for me. Yesterday I started writing around 5:30. I stopped around 6:20 and only then remembered I should have turned the screen off 21 minutes ago. Maybe I'll add a daily alarm to my phone to remind me.

8. 12/30

Do you have a mac? I have written a reminder-script that puts the computer to sleep automatically every minute after a certain time. I can help you set it up if you want.

9. I'll be in again for the next two weeks with screen time limit at 21:00.

10. ManAtWork

ManAtWork Fapstronaut

It's challenge is hard... Messed up at the weekend. Back to day zero...
    Day 0 / 30

11. 13/30. Time goes really fast, it feels like it was yesterday I did a reset in this challenge. I guess that’s a good thing and I’m starting to think about extending my goal :)

12. I've got some work to do in ensuring that I get enough good sleep. No screens is then a must.

13. Sounds like a great idea, no screens from 7.30pm onwards for 30 days - let's go.

14. ManAtWork

ManAtWork Fapstronaut

Just a short daily check-in
    Day 01 / 30

15. Last night was probably one of those times I would have happily continued working for three or four more hours. Now I stopped at 21:00 and continued at 6:10.

16. 14/30

Stopped working at 21:59:57, woke up by myself 05:25 - five minutes before the alarm. Same yesterday.

17. Philosophical_Dad

This is a great offer! Thank you! But I feel like I don't have the time mess with scripts right now.