Becoming the writer I want to be

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anakin66, Feb 24, 2020.

1. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Very nice, like them both.

aspiringwriter1997 likes this.
  2. I appreciate it. Somehow my past few haikus have either been romantic or unintentional rhyming as I've got another one that has trees in the second stanza and green in the third. I think it's a sign of change and more confidence in writing them. Plus, they're sounded better and more constructed in the rhyme pattern.

AtomicTango likes this.
  3. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

I've watched some 300 episodes of Star Trek shows. I think I understand what you mean. Not gonna look elsewhere much until my thirst for the British classics/historical fiction has been somewhat slaked. Later will definitely dig deep into other genres including Sci-Fi. (Thanks. Haven't heard about the book.)

GottaBFree and AtomicTango like this.
  4. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Which Star Trek shows have you watched?

5. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I didn't get the chance to read and edit the chapter prior to the one I started this week, so I did it now. The chapter was 4232 words. My current page and overall word total I will update once this current chapter is done early-mid next week.

6. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

There are lots of hoops some agencies want you to jump through to query. I've started querying, but I need to write a synopsis. Ugh. It never ends lol.

AtomicTango likes this.
  7. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I watched the OG and the next generation back in the day. Good stuff.

AtomicTango likes this.
  8. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS,

Due to your unwillingness to watch the superior Star Trek show, Deep Space Nine, you leave me with no choice. In ten minutes your work spaces will be flooded with an unfortunately lethal neurotoxin. I advise spending your last moments contemplating the severity of your failure and poor judgement.

That is all.

GottaBFree and Hadrian3 like this.
  9. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I'm not terribly surprised by this, I guess it depends on how in depth the synopsis needs to be.

GottaBFree likes this.
  10. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

I first watched the Enterprise as my friend suggested to, saying the older ones may bore you as you haven't used to the world of Star Trek. Then I watched TOS and lastly TNG (3-4 seasons). You watched them all 5 of them and perhaps the newer ones also?

Methinks I won't like Deep Space Nine as much as you like it.:D Because I got the impression that your taste is a bit different from me. That's a wild guess though.
    For me, at the time of watching TNG, I would consider it my most favourite among the 3 shows I've watched. I loved Spock, Picard and Data more than the others.

Which one is OG?!

11. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I've watched TNG, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise and a decent chunk of TOS. I liked all of those but the newer shows are horrible. I watched two seasons of Discovery before quitting and I never watched Picard.

We might have different taste, but other than that, why wont you like DS9?

The Original Series. OG basically means the first in this context.

12. Not sure if I'll get this essay done in time for a last-minute submission or not.

13. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

1157 words today. If the chapter isnt done tomorrow, it will be by Wednesday.

14. How's your novel coming along?

15. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

It's going well. On track to be done with the book relatively soon.

16. Oh that's wonderful! And then what will happen after you complete the book?

17. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

1575 words today, chapter is done. I had to overrun by a LOT to get it done today so I'm gonna take the rest of the week off. I will still plan new chapters and edit, but no new content this week.

Take a break, then write book 3.

18. That's a good idea. I've been on fire with my writing this week.

19. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

When you say you finished a chapter, what does it mean? I imagine, I'd probably go back and forth many times and change the chapter when I get to the next chapters. Is it like you already know the important parts of the story till the end beforehand and when you write a chapter you don't have to edit it MUCH later?

AtomicTango likes this.
  20. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Glad to hear it, keep it up!

aspiringwriter1997 likes this.