1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Daily Meditation Challenge!

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Ūruz, Mar 27, 2023.

Are you ready to start exercising your mind and build a strong brain?

1. Yes!

2. Heck yea!

3. Absolutely!

4. No, I don't need a strong brain, I want to remain a weak addict.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 11/05/2023:

Day: 41
    Week: 7
    Month: 2

7 Minute - Meditation - DONE

2. Kn0wbie

Kn0wbie Fapstronaut

Day 41 ✅

but rubbish today as so very busy!! So short sesión of only few minutes! But determined not to miss a day!!!!

Kontrollat58, Ūruz, Diderik and 4 others like this.
  3. JoeBimbo

JoeBimbo Fapstronaut

Day 25

I had very few urges today. Spent the day busy with other things like my job and going dor a run. It feels good to fill my time with other things than PMO.

Today I did 2 meditations of 15 minutes. Session one was an awareness meditation of everything I heard around me: The cars on the road, the train passing by, the neighbors squabbling and I could let it all go.

Session two was a breathing meditation and I focused on relaxing my mind and body. All my tension washed away like a drop of water washes off of a ducks body.

30 minute meditation - DONE

4. Excellent Job my Friend!

5. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

6. Kn0wbie

Kn0wbie Fapstronaut

Day 42 ✅

much better… still struggling with visualisation… but managed a whole 15 mins this morning!! Great way to start a day!!

7. gouda

gouda Fapstronaut

Day 22: 5 minutes advaita.

8. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

9. RogueLeader

RogueLeader Fapstronaut

Day 31 of meditation completed. Really enjoying the 10 minute guided sessions via the "Daily Calm."

10. TheLinari

TheLinari Fapstronaut

Day 1
    I had a really hard time trying to calm my mind for 10 minutes. I tried to focus on my breath for a start.

11. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Loving kindness meditations, those are great for, like, everything. Mindfulness is often people's go-to, if they want to learn meditation, so I guess that's the general one; but as for a purposeful meditation, loving kindness is about as high a purpose as one can get, I think!

I still need to meditate today, so I'll be back once I do.

12. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

That's it, I think you've got it. That's meditation!

For a while, it will be like this. You'll concentrate for longer chunks of time as you get more used to meditating. Keep it up, the improvement is quicker than you might think!

And if 10 minutes seems long, I found that getting started was the difficulty, so I just set a goal of meditating without necessarily even going one minute, and once I did, I went longer. Most of the time even right at the start, I went over 5 minutes. I found that this made good improvement. I definitely noticed things getting better even at first when I was going 5 minutes.

10 minutes is a great goal for me. I'll stick with it now that I'm used to meditating.

Obviously it's different for each person, I'm not making any suggestions as to how long you should meditate each session, just don't be hard on yourself and if you're struggling to do it at all, just decide to get started.

13. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

There is a 6-minute meditation on Insight Timer that I have very fond feelings for, I used it for the first time on a vacation, and that was an amazingly peaceful experience so I always love doing this guided meditation.

It's called Quick Confidence, by Andrew Johnson, if anyone wants to look it up on Insight Timer, I have the app on my iPhone and I know it's on Android as well. I don't know about using computer for Insight Timer, my phone is perfect for me. I have the phone everywhere so I use it to meditate.

14. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I couldn't imagine anyone who wouldn't benefit.

15. TheLinari

TheLinari Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm encouraged to keep going. One of the reasons I stopped meditating before is because I did not give it enough time. I just decided that I can't meditate because of my anxious thoughts.

16. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

Day 46:
    ~20 minutes of mindfulness meditation while walking down the street at a normal pace.

17. 12/05/2023:

Day: 42
    Week: 7
    Month: 2

7 Minute - Meditation - DONE

18. JoeBimbo

JoeBimbo Fapstronaut

Day 26

Spent 15 minutes doing a relaxing breathing meditation. I could focus quite well when meditating. The 15 minutes passed really quickly.

15 minutes meditation - DONE

19. bluedragon9

bluedragon9 Fapstronaut

Hi All, Starting meditation journey again.
    Goal: 30 days, 10 minutes. Day 1 completed

20. gouda

gouda Fapstronaut

Day 23: 25 minutes advaita.