1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

keep it up bro , we all have our own battle to fight , lately I'm focusing about aspiration, and every day I pick a reason that I'm doing this for, and today it was the ''peace of mind and the self control that I will have when I'm completely recovered''.

2. Stelvio

Stelvio Fapstronaut

Goals are good. Even small ones. Be sure to celebrate the small victories too.
    Even "I got out of bed today" can be a big win sometimes.
    Day 4 and feeling at peace.

ctr, Martial, goingforit and 2 others like this.
  3. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

4. @goingforit - Congrats on your 30 days as of yesterday! You have received the 30 Day Sun of Hope Award. :emoji_sunny:

JJ_Kino, ctr, Martial and 3 others like this.
  5. Setting a new intention here to try and get a streak going as have been failing badly recently and want to build up some self control again

Rokus, JJ_Kino, artifact and 3 others like this.
  6. goingforit

goingforit Fapstronaut

thank you artifact. Fitting that my last day before 30 days was a struggle. Woke up in the middle of the night with urges. I had to move myself to the couch before I got frustrated from rejection, then lay there with my hands at my side. Didn’t get a lot of sleep but made it. Feeling better now. Sometimes these waves come and go.

JJ_Kino, artifact, Martial and 2 others like this.
  7. Steveal3aneef1

I think I have MR nice guy syndrome , which is also related to P addiction , being very nice with people I don't know is not always a good thing. Overall today was a very stressful day for me , but thankfully I'm still going

JJ_Kino, artifact, ctr and 1 other person like this.
  8. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

Reset- bollocks! Need to get my mind right!:cool: Anyway, an opportunity to check in.

JJ_Kino and artifact like this.
  9. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

Glad you have a good streak on. I would have said being nice to people you don’t know was a good thing, but what do I know?:D

ctr, JJ_Kino, artifact and 1 other person like this.
  10. Stelvio

Stelvio Fapstronaut

11. Steveal3aneef1

what I mean is " the tendency of pleasing everyone"

JJ_Kino likes this.
  12. ctr

ctr Fapstronaut

I used to be this way as well. I think it's all about setting boundaries with people and being assertive at times, without being aggressive. Having firm convictions is important but expressing them using Mark Twain's advice: "the truth must be served like a coat, and not thrown in the face like a wet towel". Not having enough healthy external outlets for our stressors could lead to more internalization which could in turn lead to a number of undesirable behaviors, one of which is this particular addiction.

NICEDUDE, JJ_Kino, artifact and 2 others like this.
  13. Bernard O.

Bernard O. Fapstronaut

Slipped today.

JJ_Kino likes this.
  14. Steveal3aneef1

I realized that staying away from social media makes my recovery easier , no matter what you do , you will always find a trigger there.

artifact, JJ_Kino, ctr and 1 other person like this.
  15. Ik2

Ik2 Fapstronaut

Here is to another day 1. Really think I need to view each day as its own challenge. Maybe then I won't rationalize away all my reasons for doing nofap, maybe if I renew that commitment every day and just try to get to the end of the day, then maybe I won't tell myself it is ok to peek. Maybe.... Just another tool in my box that I need to try. Feel like I have all the right reasons, the motivation, various tricks, etc. Yet somewhere in those first 14 days I always convince myself that a peak is just fine, a relapse is not the end of the world, etc. Endlessly frustrating to be back at square 1.

16. Stelvio

Stelvio Fapstronaut

Relapse this morning.
    Disappointed but going to keep trying.
    Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

17. Steveal3aneef1

we are all proud of you brother , I know how hard and discouraging to start over again , but trust me every time you get up you get closer to victory

18. Stelvio

Stelvio Fapstronaut

Thanks so much.
    I've quit smoking coffee, chewing my nails and eating red meat over the years.
    This is by far the hardest

19. Steveal3aneef1

it's indeed the hardest, some drugs addicts described that quitting drugs was easier than quitting p*rn, because breeding is our top priority in our genes, but the brain can't recognize between fapping on pixels or making real love .

20. ForceMaster

ForceMaster Fapstronaut

Holly fuckin shit dude !!! You're on day 600 and almost 2 years ? Dang ! Can you teleport to celestial diminsiouns and shoot lazer beams from your eyes and mind control people ? Lol , what's the secret to such long streak ? Pleases bless us with your potent wisdom master guru jedi justin !

JJ_Kino, goingforit and Stelvio like this.