1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. recovery hammock

recovery hammock Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group. I think there might be an opening? If not, please add me to your waitlist.

2. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

Checking in hope all good with everyone!

3. Bernard O.

Bernard O. Fapstronaut

Having some strong urges today. Not going to give in. Stay strong.

4. JL341

JL341 New Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group.

My longest was last spring- 110 days. Wasn’t even feeling urges but just went for it for ‘fun’ and have been off and on since. I’m starting a long streak now.

Today I rebooted after 5 days.

5. NewMe1000

NewMe1000 Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group

artifact and Steveal3aneef1 like this.
  6. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

artifact This guy deserves a medal :D

7. NewMe1000

NewMe1000 Fapstronaut

Hi all, I'm 40 and I'm new here.

Starting from today I commit to my first week of no PMO.
    Knowing myself I will extend this period if things go well.

I believe PM have had a negative impact on my life so far, affecting negatively my focus on important life goals. I already feel better for writing this message, so thank you artifact for creating this accountability group!

Hopefully I can contribute to the group with my learnings as well as receiving support in this journey to recovery.

8. newstart119

newstart119 Fapstronaut

Looking for an accountability partner. I need to get my life together I need an "ally" for covenant eyes"

9. goingforit

goingforit Fapstronaut

Checking in. Pretty chill week and feel that I'm leveling out a bit.

I really enjoy reading through the updates. It gives you a sense of what to look out for.

I've been off of my meditation and would like to get back on it.

Have a great week everyone.

ctr and artifact like this.
  10. goingforit

goingforit Fapstronaut

Hang in there Artifact. We all have ups and downs. Keep giving it a shot.

artifact and marksaysay like this.
  11. Stelvio

Stelvio Fapstronaut

Day 20 checking in.

12. Checking in. Actually feeling hopeful about this particular attempt, 14 days in. I'm making an effort to keep my mind out of the gutter at least for the first few weeks. I think it helps. It's working so far anyway.

marksaysay and Bernard O. like this.
  13. marksaysay

marksaysay Fapstronaut

I know. I'm giving @artifact crap. Thankful to be here to document such a milestone.

9 months...here I come!

artifact and JL341 like this.
  14. @marksaysay - don't worry, I didn't forget about you. :D Congratulations on your 6 months as of yesterday! (It is slightly past midnight in my time zone.) You have received the coveted 6 Month Medal of Honor :emoji_medal:! Way to go! :emoji_lifter::emoji_juggling::emoji_guitar::cool:

ctr, marksaysay and NICEDUDE like this.
  15. Checking in - back to 5 and feeling good! Also loving all the activity in the group lately. Looking forward to a successful weekend. Last weekend I didn't have my Freedom app configured correctly on my phone and I used that as a reason to relapse. :( I have decided from now on I will block my internet access on Saturday nights because that seems to be my time of greatest weakness. I'm feeling optimistic lately and have been thinking about asking a female co-worker out if I can get a good streak going. Love is in the air.

16. @recovery hammock , @JL341 and @NewMe1000 - You have all been added to the waiting list. Watch your alerts, I will tag you when we have an opening. (It may be a few weeks.)

NewMe1000 and JL341 like this.
  17. @EJ117 - You have been added to the member ranking. Welcome to the group and good luck!

18. marksaysay

marksaysay Fapstronaut

Much appreciated, my man. I never doubted.

And failure only happens when you stop trying! If I could count the # of attempts before this record streak of mine, I'd say I'd previously made 100s of attempts. Keep trying!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
    artifact and NICEDUDE like this.
  19. NewMe1000

NewMe1000 Fapstronaut

Thank you artifact

artifact likes this.
  20. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

the last 2 days were absolute shit, I'm diagnosed with celiac decease 7 y/o, which causes anxiety , depression and feeling frustration if I don't eliminate gluten from my diet, and it's a hell of a job specially in a middle eastern country where majority of people don't know such a thing, and then there's P recovery comes along adding more pressure , I had some thoughts about relapsing lately, as urges are building up and everything I do is dull and boring.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
    artifact and Martial like this.