1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Accountability for All

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by corylife, Dec 22, 2019.

1. bootloader

bootloader Fapstronaut

2. TheBluePrint

TheBluePrint Fapstronaut

3. Infidel.48

Infidel.48 Distinguished Fapstronaut

I did cue exposure today like 7 times. Just looking at the names of the sites ,can give you some weird urges. This is kind of hard.

4. Silverwolf

Silverwolf Fapstronaut

Whatever it takes to conquer this habit! You've got this brother :)

Keep pushing on man! Your progress is inspiring, with 13 days already under your belt. What's one more?

Day 3 Check in

5. corylife

corylife Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I relapsed today, but guess what? I'm picking myself back up. Yes I was sad that I didn't get a good streak before my birthday, but hey.. You live and learn.. One day.. I know I will beat this addiction and you'll see an amazing version of me.. One day.

6. agus

agus Fapstronaut

I relapsed a few moments ago. I think it's time to have some accountability involved. Since couldn't find an AP i'll stick to this group that seems really cool.
    Soo, it's day Zero for me. I'll enable my counter in a few moments. If someone is looking for a serious personal AP hit me up

7. BlueLacuna001

BlueLacuna001 Fapstronaut

Day 3 report

Oh man, I've been so busy with school that i forgot to post the last couple of days. I'll say this much, having something to work towards is a potent distraction even from urges and euphoric recall.

8. Day 46 or 7.
    Have been struggling with urges in the night. I had a dream where I thought it was a wet dream but I woke up and nothing was lost. So was happy about that but dreams are confusing.
    I had had a couple close calls earlier in the week where I woke up and edged a little bit. But yeah I'm trying to make sure that doesn't continue.

9. TheBluePrint

TheBluePrint Fapstronaut

10. Infidel.48

I did cue exposure almost 12 times yesterday, I also peeked more than I should have in the last attempt, which kind of sucks. And feels sick to look at P when your not horny asf. I hope I this cue exposing doesnt go to waste and makes me destroy addiction
    Yes, lol, even I am surprised by this streak.

11. keplerb

keplerb Fapstronaut

Nice bro , u feeling disgusted about it is a good sign. How are you doing it btw? whats the process ??

12. Infidel.48

Yes ,but i can't guarantee I'll feel the same when the urges become stronger. It will take more days.
    I open Google search some p, open the site , at first you'll feel the rush of dopamine and excitement, but before the images load up , I close the site and do 5 push ups .
    After doing like 10 sessions, I start the blocker to be safe .
    I have done this for 8 days (skipped a few days). All I can say is the excitement is reducing . And I don't get the same urges as I used to.

corylife, keplerb, yrjyrj and 2 others like this.
  13. bootloader

bootloader Fapstronaut

Day 11: very easy day . No feeling day. A big urge should be around 14 or 19. Let's see. I'm glad to reach double digit after 5-6 attempts

corylife, keplerb, yrjyrj and 2 others like this.
  14. agus

agus Fapstronaut

Day 1,always easy

corylife, bootloader, keplerb and 3 others like this.
  15. Good for you. Not sure if I'd be able to safely do this. I have however practiced feeling how I would feel after a relapse. So in my head if triggered I fast forward the PMO to how I feel straight after. This has been very helpful for me.
    In other words I don't think about the actions but merely the emptiness and guilt etc afterwards this has a way of confirming why I decided to quit it in the first place.

16. TheBluePrint

TheBluePrint Fapstronaut

Day 25 in the books! Also finished reading a book called “As A Man Thinketh”

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  17. Infidel.48

Day - 15
    I only did it once yesterday . Since I hit 15 days , now I think I can start counting my streaks again.
    Yes, different people have different ways to beat this addiction. We should all keep trying until something clicks and starts working.

18. keplerb

keplerb Fapstronaut

Thats true, start of 3rd week has been very dangerous for me . Majorly i relapse during that time. According to a video , in general, it takes 40 days , when the pathways start to become weaker (this for hardcore addicts).

Thats a nice idea. How did u start to implement it . because Usually when the rush comes i forget stuff. Any ideas how can i remember to visualize the guilt ?

19. Start practicing it even when you are not tempted or triggered.
    Sit down somewhere quiet and just imagine your about to relapse do not stay in a place of fantasy. I like to pretent to fast forward past the actual physical action. And just remember all the suffering that fapping has caused me. Sit in the bog of self pity. Stay in the shame and guilt and when I feel all these things I ask myself. So is relapsing really worth it? Is the moment or seconds of pleasure worth hours and days of guilt anxiety low interest in things. And for me it means I feel distant from God and I cannot handle that. For me that is my biggest incentive.
    Also I like to remind myself if I do meet someone I'd like to be able to eventually satisfy her and I know with pmo still in my life I'd be trash I'm bed and it would be a massive letdown.
    In this situation it is good to remember all the negatives and they outweigh the good.
    If you get a blank piece of paper draw a line down the middle. Write pros and cons on either side. Some examples to start you off
    Pro. few seconds of pleasure. Cons guilt anxiety trash in bed. Lack of motivation. Little interest in life. I'm sure you will find the cons outweigh the pros! Good luck message me here or pm if you want to chat or have any more questions!
    All the best.

Fnf, keplerb, BlueLacuna001 and 3 others like this.
  20. bootloader

bootloader Fapstronaut

Day 12. Minor urge due to being bored and having nothing to do. Decided not to watch TV and not to use mobile for two to three slots of 3hrs each. Now I realize how much time was wasted away , it never felt like hours when I was PMO. Now I have so much time.

keplerb, Henryforward, yrjyrj and 3 others like this.