1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Accountability for All

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by corylife, Dec 22, 2019.

1. TheBluePrint

TheBluePrint Fapstronaut

2. higor pereira araujo

higor pereira araujo Fapstronaut

Day 3: I come back with my workout routine and it got 5x times easier to deal with this addiction. By the way, meditation it's an awesome way to train your self-control, I learned that in one book called The willpower instinct.

3. ThisSideThatSide

ThisSideThatSide Fapstronaut

4. Kvothe The Bloodless

Kvothe The Bloodless Fapstronaut

Day 0 - Really. Changing my environment and working from a cafe.

5. ThisSideThatSide

ooh nice idea

TheBluePrint, Silverwolf and corylife like this.
  6. Paf-On

Paf-On Fapstronaut

7. MrNefesh

MrNefesh Fapstronaut

8. BenEleven

BenEleven Fapstronaut

Love this post. Thanks for sharing man!

I listened to quite a few of JK's podcasts yesterday. Really inspiring stuff. Definitely changing the way I think about this addiction!

Day 2. Been seeing a therapist the past few months (for mostly unrelated reasons) and told her about this addiction. Big step for me. She was super supportive. Nice to have a person in real life aside from my partner who knows and is supportive.

In hindsight, I'm glad I relapsed after 14 days, even though 14 days was a big milestone for me. It wasn't a waste of time and a relapse doesn't just destroy the progress, though it certainly seemed like it did at the time. I learned a bunch, i'm imperfect, but I'm going to keep on going and learning on this journey.

Keep it up guys,

9. OMINI MAN

OMINI MAN Fapstronaut

Day 29.
    I had some problems that's why I was unable to go outside so I just watched my first ever K drama it was amazing I loved it ❤ btw it was (it's ok to not be ok).

Some things are not great right now, I know life will never be perfect. You'll always find that something is missing.
    I'm ready for my journey, I think my struggling life is going to start. I'm nervous but I'm happy also, cuz I was in a cage for a very long time and NOW I'm FREE.

Someday I'll also become free from this addiction.

Just 1 day to go for 30 DAYS.
    let's just help each other and achieve greatness TOGETHER.

10. widdendreampenguin

widdendreampenguin Fapstronaut

11. Achilleaus

Achilleaus Fapstronaut

Clean today.

I consistently keep on seeing multiple posts along the lines of “PMO Addiction is the devil’s work”, “I wish I didn’t have this addiction” etc etc.

Many of us, myself included, just notice what the addiction is doing to us.

But have we noticed what our addiction is doing for us?

At the age of 14, I fell into this labyrinth of an addiction. Two years, for two long years I cried about my urges, why I fell into this trap and why has God cursed me, just a teenager, with this seemingly insurmountable problem.

Many of us still feel the same way. But is it really torture? Is this really a curse?

When I was 15 and unaware of my addiction, I was a very shy and unambitious kid. I was that guy who always used to hide in the shadows, my courage lost somewhere deep within me.
    I would get bullied, wasn’t popular at all with the girls. I couldn’t even speak with girls.

One time, my friend offered me 10 bucks just to fucking say Hi to my crush who was sitting just in the next row.
    I couldn’t even do that. Fuck the 10 bucks, but what matters is if I couldn’t even say Hi due to the fear of discomfort, this will also fall into other parts of my life and I would live all my life hiding in the shadows.

So, why the hell am I telling you all this? What’s the difference between TO and FOR?

I’ll tell you.

When I truly committed to overcoming this addiction, I realised I do not have to win over my urges. My addiction is only the sign of a shitty lifestyle that I was living, it was not the cause of it.

I repeat, our addiction is the symptom of our shitty life, not the other way around.

Once I realised this, I immediately started working on improving my lifestyle, or the addiction would take my life over (see Ted Bundy’s last interview)

I went from being overweight at 20% Body fat to dropping and maintaining it at 10% body fat with lean muscle. I went from being paralysed by anxiety and not being able to say just one word to girls, to asking out girls then and there if I found them pretty. I went from an unambitious guy to establishing my first business even before I am of legal age to do so.
    I went from hiding in the shadows to confronting my shame and publicly declaring that I was addicted and needed help.

I am not saying this to brag.

I am saying this because, without my addiction, I never would have done those things. I never would have managed the drive to do such things.

My addiction made me better. It gets me closer to my true self.

So, I ask you, What has your addiction done for you?

It's about time to change the way we perceive addiction.

It’s our ticket, a god-sent personal, lifetime guide to becoming our best selves.

Do not hate it.

Listen to it, and get to a point where you no longer need it to guide you.

You decide whether it’s a godsend or a devil’s curse.

It's up to you.

See you on the other side.

References: The Gift of our Compulsions - Mary O Malley. Highly recommended.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  12. Silverwolf

Silverwolf Fapstronaut

13. TheBluePrint

TheBluePrint Fapstronaut

14. Day 10 milestone for the Shinobi Challenge!!!!

15. higor pereira araujo

higor pereira araujo Fapstronaut

I lost today, but my blocker started working again and that's amazing.

16. Grimace8777

Grimace8777 Fapstronaut

Day 4, just like the above, preparing for the weekend.... Fuck this I want out of this nonsense.

17. OMINI MAN

OMINI MAN Fapstronaut

Day 30 compelled hooray
    after a very long time, I'm able to complete my 30 days streak. Now it's not going back I'm only gonna higher from this. BTW my highest streak was 45 days, I'm really happy today that I was able to complete 30 days(cuz covid hit me hard & I was broken).

Somehow I was able to pick myself up and said you have to do this, you're not a loser, you're gonna ACE this.

But these 30 days were not easy first 15- 18 days were very difficult, urges will hit constantly in a very particular pattern, but after some time it'll go away. Your brain needs time to fix this s#it...

The fact that during NOFAP you'll have a huge amount of energy that's true, so if you won't release that energy you're going to explode. So just find this energy to release in some healthy way like gymming, meditation, learning new skills, doing physical works, talking with your friends..etc. But you have to release the Energy, cuz now I know what are the mistakes I was making before. I was not working out or gymming or doing cardio, so there was no way for me to release this powerful energy but now I have one.

Now those who are seeking benefits. I can say for sure that you'll feel less shy, introverted you'll have more confidence than ever.

Now I don't feel any kind of hesitation talking with anyone, I can talk confidently with anyone. You'll feel healthy from the inside, focused mind (lager sharp)
    You'll have a different kind of perspective view for nature. It's beautiful I Luv this EARTH❤.

You'll feel blessed that you're human and you'll cherish every second of your life rather than wasting on P#rn.

30 days are completed my next goal is 60 days.

Stay motivated stay hydrated.

18. ThisSideThatSide

19. Paf-On

Paf-On Fapstronaut

20. Paf-On

Paf-On Fapstronaut

Wow...
    So inspiring
    Thank you so much