1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold showers?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Velu283, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

When I started taking cold shower last year I made it step by step: On the first time I took lukewarm temperature (not warm but a bit more cold), then I increase the cold temperature a bit from week to week. Since then I didn't get a chill/cold during the winter.
    But it is also good to switch between hot and cold during showering. You start with cold for 1 minute, then switch to warm/hot for 1 minute etc. You do this 5 times and end with cold. That is very good for your circulation!

2. GettingAGrip

GettingAGrip Fapstronaut

LMFAO

3. GettingAGrip

GettingAGrip Fapstronaut

In summer I usually turn the shower on and start with my right arm and shoulder as I go fully. For some reason my right arm seems to make it less uncomfortable at first lol.
    In colder weather I start with a semi-warm shower and gradually decrease the temperature until it's cold.
    Stay in there for a minute or so everyday.
    After you're done, get out. Don't go back to warm water.

4. 4DCreator

4DCreator Fapstronaut

Very cold water and shock can cause a heart attack if you have a problem with a heart. Start slowly and then gradually do it faster. I used to do 5 minutes under a freezing cold shower by the end. I still do cold showers but the water here is not so freezing cold, only cold. Cold showers at first will give you a similar effect to your brain as some drug :D Try to count into 20 under a very cold shower, you will see that at the beginning it is not possible :D

5. Nice, i want to pick up the cold shower habit again also. I responded to an earlier cold shower topic, but havent been consistant at all.
    I do this rule: at least 30 seconds cold (just directly, not gradually, i can time with stopwatch on mobile). After 30 seconds, then taking a hot shower as a reward :).
    Now its sleepy time here (morning after a night shift), but when i wake up in the afternoon i'll be going for the cold shower again, and wanna make it a habit :).