1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaving the Hive

Discussion in 'Significant Other Journals' started by Queenie%Bee, Sep 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Queenie%Bee

Queenie%Bee Fapstronaut

He kept his mouth shut from the jabs last night as I asked . I could actually breathe . Acupuncture and therapy were both REALLY good yesterday. Got pedicure and massage yesterday ;)

hope4healing and Happyhobbit like this.
  2. Queenie%Bee

Queenie%Bee Fapstronaut

Meh . Mouth WIDE the eff open tonight :() . Since he’s the one working , I shouldn’t have stopped his laundry or cooking for him . Like are you effing kidding me ???!!!!

Happyhobbit likes this.
  3. Queenie%Bee

Queenie%Bee Fapstronaut

What a male chauvinistic pig . Such an asshole . I am STUCK

Happyhobbit likes this.
  4. You mean, that's what he's telling you...you shouldn't have stopped doing those things? And, because you did stop doing those things, that's why he's being verbally obnoxious now?

5. Queenie%Bee

Queenie%Bee Fapstronaut

YESSSSSSS

6. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

Lol. Tell him it sucks to live with someone who doesn’t care about
    i think I would just tell him that he broke a boundary so these are the consequences…. Life has consequences. Unfortunately, since he’s still deep in his addiction, he won’t see it. He will think he is the victim and you are unreasonable.

7. Queenie%Bee

Queenie%Bee Fapstronaut

100 % victim mode . Defensive mode. Deflect mode . Lol

Happyhobbit likes this.
  8. Queenie%Bee

Queenie%Bee Fapstronaut

I live with Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde . Bizarre how one can wake up with completely different mindsight than the day before . Not that it matters anymore . I knew the husband would show up he always does . Too late

9. Psalm27:1my light

Addicts are very good manipulators and use a lot of coercive control. If one way doesn’t work they will switch to another method, this is part of the personality changes, he wants what he wants and he will try different tactics to get you back where he wants you. Very few addicts recognize what they are doing( at least I don’t think they recognize it like you or I would) because it’s so ingrained, they have done it for so long that it’s just who they are as addicts.

10. Queenie%Bee

Queenie%Bee Fapstronaut

Ya I’m not buying it anymore lol it will make it easier to move fwd with my plan to put myself in a position to be able to leave in the future . There is an iron clad guard over my heart for him lol but at least there will be peace in the house , until he feels I’ve changed towards how I feel about him . Still not doing his laundry ever , and I’ll cook if everyone is here and IF I’m hungry . That was made clear

11. Psalm27:1my light

Yeah, I haven’t done my husbands laundry in over 20 years. First dday I was doing our laundry! Lol. I also shared the food I cooked for myself for the first time over 20 years just recently. He was incredibly grateful.

12. Queenie%Bee

Queenie%Bee Fapstronaut

I hate hate lying . But I’m better of lying to him then myself anymore . Grown man you are capable

13. Psalm27:1my light

I remember when I stopped, he asked me when I was going to do his laundry, I said “ I’m not, you do it or take it to the cleaners, I’m not your mom or your maid”. Every once in a while he would ask me to take something or pick something up from the cleaners and I would just say “ I’m not going to be by the cleaners you will have to figure it out”. I had a fairly easy time detaching. He rarely wanted sex, so no connection in the bedroom, he worked 70 hours a week, so not much help at home. I managed our finances so I had free reign of where our money was spent ( oh man did I save!)

14. Queenie%Bee

Queenie%Bee Fapstronaut

Weird weekend and week Ugg . Family parties and fireworks “together “ He won’t stop saying he loves me . I respond with ok . Texts me I love you every morning. And I respond with “I like you “ just to write something. It’s so damned awkward for me . I don’t want to be awkward. I don’t know how to be in my own home .

Happyhobbit likes this.
  15. I think he's trying to make it awkward for you. In his mind (consciously or subconsciously), if he can do that enough, then maybe you'll dislike it so much that you'll let things get back to "normal."

It's very clearly manipulative addict behavior and no where near "I finally get it and understand your pain" behavior.

RUNDMC likes this.
  16. Queenie%Bee

Queenie%Bee Fapstronaut

That’s how I look at it too . If he pushes hard enough or pours it on I’ll relent . Not happening. I have trouble even sitting across from him making eye contact knowing he has this laptop . I can tell you that it feels amazing not wondering if he’s using lol I can say do care he’s using but not care in the way I used to . He very quickly stopped acting like the cat that got the canary , I kept saying you have a feather on your lip ;)

hope4healing and Happyhobbit like this.
  17. Queenie%Bee

Queenie%Bee Fapstronaut

Oof I’m having trouble hiding my emotions. So Captain Obtuse says “ what did I do now “ lolol then somewhere in convo he actually asked if I had my period . Yes he did .

Happyhobbit likes this.
  18. happenstance

happenstance Fapstronaut

Watching your story unfold is rather painful to watch. We've all been there. Detaching is one of the best things we can do in these cases. I think you're on the right track here.

I went back and read the past few weeks of your posted journal, and this stuck out to me.
    What a gaslighting thing to say. And your response,
    was both perfect and true. I think our counselor called it crazy making, so it's not something that is foreign to us.

The thing that I have learned and figured out is that if we're not healing, they aren't. It's because they aren't that we're not. They're systematically killing us ever so slowly. We're attached at the hip, the ring, the children, the home, and we have this umbilical cord between us, that once we can remain viable without them, we don't need them anymore in our life to stay alive. When we cut that umbilical cord, it becomes very liberating and free. The irony is, is that they fail to realize that it is us who is providing the life blood to them. Not the other way around.

If you ever watched Sleeping with the Enemy, that's how I would approach it if I ever had it to do over again. I would scrimp a little here, save a little there, and I would spend the next five years building a rather large nest egg of cash reserves that was untraceable. I would have my private list of things that I needed to do, needed to collect, and when the time came for me to leave, I would leave without a trace without so much as a notice or anything. Just gone. LOL, of course if he ever showed up where I went, I suppose I would have to call the police and say "I just shot an intruder"!

Let the SOB pout. He's going to anyway. I'm so over it, I would buy him a pacifier next time I went to the grocery store to drive the point home. After all, isn't that what PMO is? A pacifier? As for the "I love you"? That is nothing but pure manipulation. I've had too many other women I've known from when we went through this exercise to know that is purely a patronizing manipulative tactic because now suddenly they're not getting what they want.

19. Psalm27:1my light

Do you answer him? Understanding that since you haven’t left, he really can’t grasp that this is because of his addiction. My detachment only made my husband more comfortable. How sad is that? Because he had IA, me completely pulling back left him in his comfort zone. Even when he would say “ I love you, or I really like you” me not saying “I love you”, and even better, when I would say “ I dont like you” didn’t make him uncomfortable or unhappy, or really feel anything. Today? If I detached, it would affect him. I did exactly what happenstance lined out. Although it was not secretly, I did have my own account without his name on it, but he knew about it. He didn’t care what I did with our money, lol. Should I choose to leave now, there is enough for both of us to live very comfortably. I couldn’t just disappear though, we have 3 kids together, so we are always going to have a tie.

hope4healing likes this.
  20. RUNDMC

RUNDMC Fapstronaut

Are you aware that you're flirting with him?