1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Less Lengthy Approach to Semen Retention

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by sohardrn, Dec 23, 2022.

1. sohardrn

sohardrn Fapstronaut

I’m 5 days in no PMO, (my max streak was 104 days) and I think the only way for me to maintain a new streak after discovering dating apps a month or so ago is to give semen retention a shot.

However, I think having an indefinite period of time that I must devote to my craft (1-2 years) and the period of time being based entirely on my performance forces me to cope in an unhealthy way. Either by telling myself I’m above wasting precious time and energy maintaining a relationship, or by thinking I’m not working hard enough. Even if I’m yielding concrete results that help even a little, it’s not enough because I could be even closer to achieving my goal if I had more willpower and was more devoted.

This mentality truly fucks with me.

I think the two main things I want from this is
    1. Further my ambitious career goals. Either by devoting more time to relevant work and gaining relevant experience and skill as a result. Or by gaining more confidence, speaking skills, and willpower all of which will in-turn further my ambitious career goals as a result.

2. I truly want for myself a relationship with someone I have great respect for who I enjoy spending time with. I want to grow with them, both in our careers and within ourselves as well. I want to laugh and enjoy good times with them. I’m not exactly looking for my whole life to be centered around them, I’m more looking for this to help lift up an already acceptable life (my life) and make it even more happy and fulfilled.

Lust that happens as a result is more than welcome, but is truly not the main purpose. That’s why I hate PMO and MO because those are both for the sake of reaching that resulting orgasm. Just like I hate those thoughts telling me I need to keep pushing through NoFap and do my work so I can have some ideal life and wife. What about the now? Is this life I’m living in pursuit of my dreams not enough? I think it is. I think I should enjoy this ride to success and derive fulfillment from it every single day.

So, I’m setting a concrete goal that feels reachable with a real reward. I know this could all result in me going back to my old habits. But with a smaller time-frame and a real reward at the end, I feel like I can make some concrete progress and build some real resilience. Real willpower. And real confidence. Not that I’m not already pretty resilient, have a weak will, or no confidence. I’m pretty confident when I want to be, I can exert feats of willpower, and I’m about as resilient as can be.

Anyway, point is I’m trusting myself with this and I truly believe it’ll work out for me. I’m already on day 5 of a reboot, I haven’t peeked anywhere, dating app or otherwise.

Here are some (possibly pseudoscience) facts:
    • 30 days to really reboot and reset your mind and dopamine pathways
    • I feel the next 60 days (90 days total) is to rewire it.
    • A semen cycle seems to take 60-72 days based on Google
    • Valentine’s Day is on February 14th.
    On my first day back in college for the spring semester, I should be 30 days in my reboot. With my boost & benefits, along with being more mindful while scheduling class times, I’ll arrive early and strike conversation with other people who have shared career interest and demonstrate at least some level of personal responsibility by arriving early. Over the next 30ish days I’ll get to know these people. I’ll have some idea of their character, whether or not we vibe, and their interests. Once I reach day 58 on Valentine’s day (or a few days before) I’ll have some idea of which girls I have interest in and ask them out. Not with the express intention of sleeping with them, I’m sure I’ll journal like crazy before asking anyone out just like this semester. (1 girl, rejected, don’t regret because it did wonders for my confidence as my world didn’t fall apart as a result of me having feelings lol) But with the intention of nurturing a new healthy relationship with them. If I get denied from anyone and everyone that asks me out, I’ll process the emotion and take the evening to meditate, journal, and relax. Get some good sleep. I’ll be fine.

If all those girls deny me, that’s okay. I’ll
    1. Have a little more experience getting over the hump of getting rejected.
    2. Have more experience asking out girls.
    3. Get the weight of the secret that I have feelings for them off my chest, just like I did when I asked out that girl last semester.
    4. I’ll have made 2 months of progress with semen retention and all that comes with it. Along with a renewed confidence from the experience where I got to know different women, decided who I liked, and asked them out. This will be how the rewiring that I do to my brain.

Instead of seeing sexy women and jacking off at home or giving them all my attention. I’d rather focus on my craft & get to know women on the way for a short period of time, decide who I like, and ask out those that click with me until one reciprocates my feelings. I would be content with that rewiring and way of life. I think this path with semen retention is the best for me.

I hope everyone here holds me to the standards I’ve written out here!

Good luck boys! Seize the day!!