1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My relationship story as of right now

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Livinlife8089, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Livinlife8089

Livinlife8089 Fapstronaut

So since the age of 10 I have liked this girl for 7 years (I’m 17)

the first time I asked her out I was 10 and got rejected with one long paragraph and this was my first rejection ever. (which impacts the tension between me and her for the rest of the story)

(Middle school) Couple years go by and I ask her out once more, resulting in me receiving the usual “I see you as a friend and I want to focus on school”. Which I respected and let pass as a soft “No”

(In high school) Next I decide to change things up and try new things with her and I ask her out once again. This time she says “yes” FINALLY!!! We go out and have food and have a blast, for those hours I spent with her I felt not a single drop of any awkwardness, but afterwards I ask her if it was a date and I am hit with the “this was a friendly hangout”. Which destroyed me.

(Still high school) Couple months go by and I told myself that I have given up and it’s time to move on. And after practice one day (I’m a swimmer) she pulls me to the side and tells me “I don’t know why I couldn’t see this before but I like you” at this mind I am completely speechless And the happiest ive been in my life. I tell her that I’ll text her later that night after her church activity. We text and I ask her on an official date, afterwards we hit it off really well for 2 days exact. (Have not gone on the date yet) The third day she won’t talk to me at all and after practice she comes over to tell me that she meant everything as a friend. AS A FRIEND!! I am completely broken and cannot put myself to even talk to her.

After a couple months of thinking about what she’s done to me for the past 7 years and how hurt I’ve been throughout that time, I decide to confront her and give myself the closure that I need, she continues to tell me it was all a mistake and she thought she was ready but actually wasn’t and “still likes me but only a little” not enough to date though.

And just today I have had enough of this girl and have told her friend that I am completely done with her and am no longer interested. Her friend continues to tell her this and this girl I liked responds with “ok” and says that she thinks it’s funny. And during this time people have told me that I should move on. And now being a senior I have promised my friends on the swim team that I will find someone to go to prom with, all the time before this I kept telling myself that she is going to be the one and now I’m lost.

Some extra details:
    Throughout the time of this story I’ve been told that she liked me at certain points from her brother and her best friend.

Her best friend has also told me today that she thinks this girl is interested in someone else either at her church or school. And some might think this girl is some bad person but when you look at her she is the last person you would expect to do this, she is very shy and a very faithful person.

But now I’m so lost, I have no idea what to do or think, I’m trying to find people in my classes and stuff to try and maybe start a relationship with. I started this entire nofap thing to not only improve my life but to maybe change my relationship status and to be fair I have received looks from girls and have seemed to be found a lot funnier to people which is good. But I just need some direction in my life and would like to know your opinions in what the next step might be that I need, and what I should do with this girl I’ve liked for 7 years, and also what I should do about my prom situation. (Btw I see this girl EVERYDAY some days twice a day)

Thanks guys for hearing me out and helping me out

Deleted Account and torrace like this.
  2. torrace

torrace Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing.

Personally I think she only sees you as a friend. It's good that you accepted that fact.

Rather than focus on find a girlfriend, focus on self-improvement for yourself and not anyone else. If you are into sports, work on it and improve it. If there's an interest/sport that you want to try, give it a shot.

Regarding finding someone to go to prom with, is there any other girl whom you are on good terms with? You need not go as girlfriend/boyfriend but you can go to prom with your best friend/platonic friends. Sometimes going with friends instead of dates can be very memorable and less stressful.

You never know whom you might meet or how the experience might guide you to other people. Just a short story to share with you:
    I always dream of going scuba diving, and was supposed to go with my (now ex) partner. However she rejected my confession. So I made the decision to learn scuba diving on my own, and it was worth it! By pure coincidence, learning how to dive kinda led me to my wife. I met her a separate Meetup event, and she was talking about snorkeling. I brought up my experience on scuba diving as a conversation topic. This opened up a common interest and that's how I got her number.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Whoa man sorry you experienced it like that. It never happened to because I was the one to break things off.
    Im feeling a little guilty now. That's how one feels when you say those words.

I got a lot to think about other than my long term goal of being wealthy.