1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Exercise Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by LoyalKnight, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Deth

Deth Fapstronaut

Morning:
    2x 10 push-ups
    2x 30 crunches
    4x (unknown distance, not very long though) sprints
    2x 35 second plank

Evening:
    30 second wall sit
    25, 20 push-ups
    2x 25 sit-ups
    2x 30 calf raisers/leg

I relapsed tonight, and as punishment I did a 3 minute plank. Can't remember the last time I was in that much pain. I think I passed out afterward.

LoyalKnight and Navdeep like this.
  2. Excellent! (That's what I thought)

3. Power_to_Change

Power_to_Change Fapstronaut

Abs today. 8 hours later, my abs are still sore! I was feeling like a Boss when I walked into the gym! My confidence was sky high! (I've been PMO free for 18 days now. Longest stretch for me in over 25 years!)

Besides a variety of ab exercises, I attempted the Bruce Lee Dragon Flag for the first time! Happy to report it went well and I was able to pull off a few reps. Heres a video for those not familiar with what a Dragon Flag is. Its the one of the most effective and difficult core exercises you can do. I would post the vid of Bruce Lee doing them, but he's not wearing a shirt in it. So I think posting that is a no-no.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    LoyalKnight and Navdeep like this.
  4. Navdeep

Navdeep Fapstronaut

15 min skipping rope exercise
    + Bars Chin up -2
    +20 min tummo breathing exercise

5. Navdeep

Navdeep Fapstronaut

10-12 min skipping rope exercise
    +chin up-2+ headstand 1min32sec+10 min balayam

Deth, LoyalKnight and FormerFapaholic like this.
  6. Swimming: 30 laps. 6000 ft. Aka 1 mile plus 720 ft. 43 minutes 42 seconds. 43:42. whew!

7. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

Today I was in the gym again. I went with an empty stomach - and I have to say that it felt amazing! I deadlifted 100kg, despite being on a strict cutting diet - I shall cut for around 2 more weeks - then I will start a clean bulk!

I executed my pull-workout today. 10 min of HIIT after my weight lifting!

8. Today was heavy deadlifts and light box squat.
    Deadlift working sets were 340x5, 390x5 and 445x5. After that I did very light paused box squats with 225 for 3 sets of 12.

9. Navdeep

Navdeep Fapstronaut

15 min skipping exercise+ meditation

10. Deth

Deth Fapstronaut

Trying to separate Arm Day and Leg Day to give my muscles a chance to grow lmao. Today was leg day.
    (Warmup)
    30 second wall sit
    15 calf raisers (/leg)
    5 lunges + 20lbs added (/leg)

(Workout)
    2x 1:00 wall sit
    2x 35 calf raisers +10lb (/leg)
    2x 20 exploding lunges + 10lb (/leg)
    2x 10 exploding side lunges +10lb (/leg)
    2x 10 misc calf exercise, both legs
    2x 10 misc calf exercise (/leg)

11. Today was heavy bench and light back/shoulders.

Bench working sets were 240x5, 275x5 and 310x5. I then dropped back down 225 and did 3 sets of 10 reps. After bench I did 80 chinups with 25lbs added, each set I did as many reps as I could. Lastly some light band work for my rotator cuff and rear deltoids.

12. Deth

Deth Fapstronaut

2x 30 situps
    2x 30 butterflies, 10lb per arm
    2x 25 pushups
    2x 30 curls, 10lb per arm

13. Had an awesome nights sleep so finished early today.

Today was heavy back squats and some accessory work.
    Squat workings sets were 330x5, 380x5 and 425x3. I would have liked to get 5 reps on my last set but I sneezed and lost my focus. After squats I did low weight and high rep Romanian deadlifts, 275lbs for 3 sets of 12. I finished with heavy abdominal work using an ab roller and 50lb weighted vest I did 3 sets of 8 reps.

Navdeep, Deth and LoyalKnight like this.
  14. Swimming: 5400 ft. 1 mile plus 200 ft 27 laps. Time 39:02

15. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

Today was Chest Day for me plus cardio at the end. Burned 280 kcal in 20 minutes in my Cardio Session at the end - I loved it! I will start going into a transition phase starting from next week friday where I will be eating around 2500kcal. After that I will be in a clean surplus and I'll eat around 3000kcal per day to build some clean muscle mass - I will monitor my progress and make some adjustments if needed.

16. Today was my "fun" day. I pick lifts I can do at home that I don't usually do and go to the point of failure.

I started with heavy dumbbell push presses. Learning how to set my hips like the old time strongmen takes all of the pain and doubt I have in my shoulders out of the equation. I started with 80lbs done for 20 reps each arm until I got the movement down. Moved on to 90lbs, 100lbs, 110lbs and ended at 120lbs. I only did single reps but I manged 25 total for my right arm and 17 for my left. I then did lunges with my 50lb vest and 100lb dumbbells in each arm for 5 sets of 20. After lunges I wanted to vomit so I kept on my 50lb weight vest on and did amrap sets of chinups until I wanted to cry.

And now I feast.

17. Right now, I just read and walk for like 5-6 hours everyday. Lost quite a bit of weight too.

18. Superadders

Superadders Fapstronaut

Great effort guys. Good to see variety on this thread - weights, swimming, skipping etc.

The end of my training week was disrupted by heavy snow. So today, instead of my planned 8 mile run, I had to improvise with a body circuit routine in my room, including pull ups on a door! No weights!

Heres how the week went:

Mon - am: 5.2 miles easy (37 mins), pm: Weights and core - dumbbell bench press, chest fly's, clap press ups, pull ups, dumbell rows, Nordic leg curls, barbell step ups with knee raise, hanging leg raises, Russian twists (21 sets total).
    Tue - 6 miles easy (40 mins)
    Wed - Intervals - 6 x 1km off 2 mins recovery (average 3:17 per km, very windy)
    Thu - Weights and core - military press, dumbell shoulder press, lateral raises, barbell curls, tricep dips, dumbbell shrugs, bicycle crunches, plank with leg lift, side plank (20 sets total)
    Fri - am: 5.2 miles easy (38 mins), pm: Hill sprints - 2 x 5 x 50m with 90 sec/5 mins recovery.
    Sat - 5.2 miles easy (38 mins)
    Sun - Circuits - 4 sets of pull ups, squat thrusts, bicycle crunches, press ups, squats, plyometric lunges, leg raises, tricep dips.

19. Good job with the walking. Reading is a verb, but exercise??? Seriously, KEEP IT UP.

Navdeep, LoyalKnight and Deth like this.
  20. Deth

Deth Fapstronaut

Today was upper body day. I've been off for a few days and I haven't been eating and sleeping the best so I didn't have much energy but:
    2x 30 situps
    2x 30 butterflies w/ 10lb per arm
    15, the 25 pushups
    2x 30 curls/arm, 10lb per arm

I want to get heavier weights soon. Maybe once I move into my new place. I'm kinda reaching a point where I'm not building strength anymore, and I need a weight increase.

Navdeep and LoyalKnight like this.