1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

2. hakihitoro

hakihitoro Fapstronaut

3. Ciceron

Ciceron Fapstronaut

Day 37.

Holy Custodian Angels, protect us!

4. determined99

determined99 Fapstronaut

5. MellotronScratch

MellotronScratch Fapstronaut

[​IMG]
    I'm ashamed to informed you that another elf as fallen into the hands of Sauron.
    It will be hard to recover from this wound in my life and progress.

6. Chi405

Chi405 Fapstronaut

7. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 0. Starting again . I'll never give up

8. Ishy901

Ishy901 Fapstronaut

9. JonShawn

JonShawn Fapstronaut

Day 1 again. Something has changed in me recently. Where I would usually binge, I have been able to abstain. Didn't binge last night even though I had to reset my counter. Change is coming friends!

10. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

I'm still trying to reducing the fishing but now i discover the source of this problem so i will avoid if it is necesary some pages of the web to prevent a future fallen.

"Fishing becomes P, P becomes M, M becomes relapse"

11. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

Checking in. Spent the day at my parents house and we did some celebration due to a recent good event in our lives. I got some quality time with my family so it was a great day. We went to a restaurant in the evening and then got back home to eat cake, so I failed my eating in moderation task though :p

1. Physical exercise. (Done)
    2. Meditation. (Done)
    3. Study about reboot (Done)
    4. Eating in moderation. (Not done)

12. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

13. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Thanks bro !
    @Revanthegrey Congrats to one of the Durin's sons who never flee from the fight :).

14. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

A lot of meditation and a lot of time at home due to pouring rain all day long. Watched two old movies 'Once upon a time in China' and 'Constantine'...and done a little workout with kettle-bells. Overall feeling of the day is that I dodged serious work in favor of something easier and less rewarding and I don't even aware whyo_O...

15. BloomWasTaken

BloomWasTaken Fapstronaut

Day 2

A chill day, I was very busy with work today so I didn't have time to work out.

I had a couple of urges today but I dealt with them relatively well. I've written a step by step list for "urge reduction".
    I've named it "urge reduction" because I don't want to make myself think that these WILL make the urge go away, instead they will help reduce the urge to a manageable level where I can then deal with it on my own.
    I've broken the list into 4 sections each for how strong the urge is. Each time the urge gets stronger I would do the next thing on the list until either the urge is dealt with or I've done everything on the list which I would imagine is extremely unlikely. For example:
    • Step 1 section has things just like "Deep Breaths", "Accept the urge instead of worrying about how it's going to make you feel" and "Focus on whatever you're doing right now instead of focusing on the urge".
    • Step 2 section has things like "Listen to music", "Microcosmic Orbit Breathing" and "Watch something funny on YouTube".
    • Step 3 section has things like "Talk to friends or someone in the house.", "Play a game (e.g League)" and "Type out your thoughts".
    • Step 4 section has things like "Play a game with friends" (so combining two things from the previous step), "Shower" and "Go for a walk".
    Each step has something which distracts me more and more and demands more attention. I will use this every time I have an urge that is not very easily dealt with on my own.

16. Urges. I said I needed some wins and so I‘m reporting: urges and a counteract- I’m not going to act out.
    I see why I‘m horny and what’s the trigger. I see that’s its only a craving and nothing more. I‘m not continuing the idea and don’t allow unhealthy thoughts to arise that haven’t yet arisen.
    I‘m setting a positive emotion: this is a win and I‘m going to sleep now and feeling fine, tomorrow I‘ll not be soeepy or worse but instead I‘ll have this win and another day under my belt and it will be so much better!

17. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

18. Day 0/7. Eight more days to go for that elusive Uruk-Hai status. I'm very frustrated with myself. Those first seconds right after, when you realize what you've done and that there's no taking it back, are the worst feeling in the world. Tomorrow evening I'm going home for a week. Getting through this entire break clean is my immediate goal.

Question for the floor: About a month and a half ago I cut out all sugar and caffeine. I don't mind the change, I'm drinking lots more water now, but my energy levels have not been what they used to at all. Do you know of any alternatives or ways I can energize myself without resorting to unhealthy junk?

19. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

20. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 72. Spent literally all day reviewing material. I mentioned before that an ex has been talking to me again, she has been kinda out of pocket (which is typical of her) so I have been ignoring her. She decided to delete me on some stuff. I won't play into it and add her back, I'm just gonna let her go.