THE DUELS OF NOFAP: NO PMO TOURNAMENT | OPEN FOR ALL

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by HiddenWarrior, Apr 2, 2019.

?

Have you beaten your record or improved your average noPMO since joining this?

1. Yes

281 vote(s)
    75.7%
  2. No

90 vote(s)
    24.3%
  1. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

Why the questioning, officer? Am I under an investigation? I know my rights to remain silent! I request a lawyer.

2. Check in
    We start into our second week @Talz.

Today I'm struggling with the question from this thread:
    About two weeks ago I answered with Yes. Feeling a discrepancy between will and certain feelings now.

3. KingPiece

KingPiece Fapstronaut

:emoji_joy:

HiddenWarrior, Ūruz, Reghu and 3 others like this.
  4. Simorgh

Simorgh Fapstronaut

You too, mate!

@Redemptionisrequired Thanks a lot for keeping track of the duels! :) Thanks also to @ZenMode !

HiddenWarrior, Ūruz, ZenMode and 4 others like this.
  5. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

Do you follow stoicism too?

HiddenWarrior, Ūruz, Reghu and 3 others like this.
  6. TideHunter

TideHunter Fapstronaut

Toni7, HiddenWarrior, Ūruz and 3 others like this.
  7. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

That week flew by for me. Hang in there buddy, you've come a long way so far.

HiddenWarrior, Ūruz, adbread and 3 others like this.
  8. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

9. ZenMode

ZenMode Fapstronaut

No problem at all. It's fun to turn this in to a game at the same time as improving your life. Makes the process easier.

10. Reghu

Reghu Fapstronaut

HiddenWarrior, Ūruz, Talz and 2 others like this.
  11. Kn0wbie

Kn0wbie Fapstronaut

Check in for day 34 of the duel @HiddenWarrior

yesterday was toughest day yet… but I’m still here but stronger!!

Toni7, HiddenWarrior, Ūruz and 5 others like this.
  12. Simorgh

Simorgh Fapstronaut

Thanks for asking Bro. I am definitively inspired by Stoicism, yes. I try to follow religious teachings (from the great traditions) and Perennial Philosophy, Stoicism being one of them. Other important inspirations for me are Buddhism, Lao Tzu and Confucius.

I observe you have much knowledge of Stoicism - very interesting and I learn a lot from you!

Check-in day 6 :)

HiddenWarrior, Ūruz, Talz and 3 others like this.
  13. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

Thats cool. My last streak introduced my to stoicism, and many principles in it kind of coincides with the mental aspects of Rebooting. And in this modern world, I feel like stoicism provides you with the philosophy of a great deal of introspection so you can handle your affairs better. I currently read the Book called Daily stoic, you can read it if you are interested. Are you religious by any chance?

14. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

DON’T UNINTENTIONALLY HAND OVER YOUR FREEDOM
    “If a person gave away your body to some passerby, you’d be furious. Yet you hand over your mind to anyone who comes along, so they may abuse you, leaving it disturbed and troubled— have you no shame in that?” —EPICTETUS, ENCHIRIDION, 28

Instinctively, we protect our physical selves. We don’t let people touch us, push us around, control where we go. But when it comes to the mind, we’re less disciplined. We hand it over willingly to social media, to television, to what other people are doing, thinking, or saying. We sit down to work and the next thing you know, we’re browsing the Internet.
    We sit down with our families, but within minutes we have our phones out. We sit down peacefully in a park, but instead of looking inward, we’re judging people as they pass by. We don’t even know that we’re doing this. We don’t realize how much waste is in it, how inefficient and distracted it makes us. And what’s worse—no one is making this happen. It’s totally self-inflicted.

To the Stoics, this is an abomination. They know that the world can control our bodies—we can be thrown in jail or be tossed about by the weather. But the mind? That’s ours. We must protect it. Maintain control over your mind and perceptions, they’d say. It’s your most prized possession.

15. TideHunter

TideHunter Fapstronaut

Toni7, HiddenWarrior, Ūruz and 2 others like this.
  16. Christian Bale101

Christian Bale101 Fapstronaut

@ILL-MAKE-IT sorry for disappearing in between the challenge , had some personal stuff to sort.
    Meanwhile i relapsed twice in that period, which suckss.
    Lets start it all over again and make it to the end!

btw I am on Day 5 currently.

17. Christian Bale101

Christian Bale101 Fapstronaut

yeah you won buddy.
    :)

18. KingPiece

KingPiece Fapstronaut

19. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

20. Simorgh

Simorgh Fapstronaut

This is great! I actually heard about that one, and have it on my (too long) reading list! I will now put it higher on that list thanks to your suggestion! It's interesting the stoic principles coincides with the mental aspects of rebooting. I actually never thought about it that way, but now you mention it makes a lot of sense. I would not define myself as a follower of a particular religion. I can't really settle for a "package solution" when it comes to belief, but maybe I should. What about you, are you religious? As for books, one book that has helped me immensely is "Rebooting as the Best Remedy" by Soaring Eagle. It's translated from Chinese and is free to read on the web (I think it's also linked to in this forum).

Also, I have to admit I peeked at psub-like material tonight (no P or MO or anything), but I will still reset my counter, as for me it counts as addictive behaviour. As this is a hardcore no PMO challenge, including psubs, I want to give you this victory. Congrats. I'm up for a rematch though, as I still think I can beat you. But if you want to face a tougher opponent, I completely understand.

Last edited: May 4, 2023