Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Oct 2, 2017.
Day 23 check-in
Slay those addiction pathways with your laser focus! Pew pew pew!
I've experienced a lot of that in the last few months. Have only recently made some progress in getting out of it. Here are my suggestions:
- I reckon a big part of NoFap is replacing pornography with things that are meaningful to you. That's one road you could start with - asking yourself what is meaningful to you that you could pursue more.
- Cold showers. Once you get the hang of it, you'll feel pretty fresh after them, and might be able to knock out something productive! I started with 30 seconds at the end of a normal shower, then worked up to 3 mins. Other (braver?) people just hit the cold water immediately.
- write down a list of things that you enjoy doing, or even better, which leave you feeling good afterwards. Could be anything, like sport, bushwalking, reading, hanging out with friends, painting, gardening, working out, whatever. Then start making time for those things. I mean actually scheduing in those things, and doing them regardless of how you feel.
- ensure you've got the supportive relationships in your life that you need.
- basic stuff like looking at three big areas: physical health, mental health and emotional health. Are you getting the exercise you need? Have you tried meditation for a few weeks to see if it helps? Are you connecting with people/community? (see previous item)
I hope this gives you some ideas.
Hi @charlie81. Rather than having it in your signature, if you'd like the link to your journal to appear beneath your username:
Copy the link to your journal, go into your personal details, and go to "Journal Thread Link". Paste the link there.
It is of course totally up to you, but NoFap only allows a limited number of links in your signature (I think it's 2?), so in the future it might be handy (and neater) to have it appear in the sidebar.
It's always good to see someone back here posting after relapsing. I've had a couple of relapse periods since joining in June and I've learned from each one, and have come to see that this is part of the process. One thing I've learned is that it's not just about willpower but slowly dealing with all of the other things in my life that made PMO a big part of it.
The period after a relapse can be challenging but you can get through it and you'll be stronger for it. Wishing you the best as you continue on this journey.
Day 15 done
Day 2 done!
To be fair I have very little moments to mess up right now. My house is full of family.
Hell yeah, the snowball is rolling.
I also decided to go absolute hardmode with no edging or even checking insta ladies.
If I fail and engage in edging or I get way too interested in clicking bikini pics I consider that as failure in this challenge.
19 / 30
Day 31/30. Mission Complete. !!! Onwards!
I'm on Day 1! #MonkMode
Day 21 complete
Back at Day 0 again due to late night relapses!
Day 24 check-in
Good call on identifying it.
I find that even *starting* clicking bikini pics is super dangerous for me, so I've eliminated it altogether myself.
Great to see both of our streaks marching on!
@charlie81 Just checking you saw my quote of your previous post?
I'm happy I've been resisting so far and I wish for all of us to stay patient and be lucky some more time
@EndPornLiveLife I see a difference between accidentaly seeing some sex triggers (f.e. movies, series) and intensionally seeking some stuff -> f.e. instagram. When I am intentionally seeking it and just give in to the urge that means my willpower is already in lower points and small push is enough to loose it completely. So everytime I feel like I really want to watch something I know I cant allow it and have to avoid it any cost -> usually just running away from house
16 days done