1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and older accountability, Group 2

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by persona2903, Nov 13, 2019.

1. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

Hang in there. I'm really glad to see you tighten down on the filters.

2. nonfap

nonfap Fapstronaut

Hello everyone, checking in again.

Overall the last 10 days have gone well. I'm out of the state I was in at the beginning of June.

It seems like a lot has been going on. And there has been much more stress and anxiety than usual for me.

I've been monitoring myself and after considering how easily I returned from the worse state I was in in the beginning of June, I'm very happy and grateful.

I feel like I have recovered a lot and I'm on the way to recovery. I know I need to be careful and continue. I haven't looked at P subs online (I may have looked women in public too much and I guess that is kind of like a P sub, although it's not fully). Generally I've done well these past 10 days and I think most of this month (except the beginning).

I've had no MO. I did actually have a nocturnal emission last night which is good and I could feel relief. It's also good that I didn't really feel the pressure building before that, not in the same way. Before I would feel an internal pressure building up and it would push me toward and drive me toward MO. The fact that I didn't feel that pressure but then my system had a release on it's own, I think is good and it seems to tell me my system has changed a lot overall. Also, I had a nocturnal emission at my day 40 and this is only the second one now at day 177/178. I did have some MOs at the beginning of this month and that is it for the year.

I've been very anxious and stressed about other things. My progress on this for this year has been my major win this year. At this moment, I can't imagine going back. I know how easy it is to fail. I know how many times I have failed in the past. The progress is different this year and I hope it will be different going forward and I will not fail.

This is all a process but I'm so thankful I feel I'm making real progress. This is all by the grace of God. I'm so glad about this. I hope I can stay like this. I feel like I'm a kid trying to learn to ride a bike. I feel like I'm finally riding the bike and not falling down. I hope I can keep going forever.

i89rt5, persona2903, Cremuel and 2 others like this.
  3. Cremuel

Cremuel Fapstronaut

Just checking in: I’m still holding strong. I hope you are too. Here’s my journal update:

4. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Yes, it dehumanizes women, and us too. I think on some level we are all aware of this, and of course, it disturbs us. If we are becoming less than human then what are we turning into? If we think more deeply about this the answer that comes is terrifying.

5. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

Congratulations @Cremuel on 21 days! and @Icewarrior on double digits! Keep pushing forward!

6. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

Congratulations on 180!

nonfap and persona2903 like this.
  7. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

How interesting this question you raise, I had never thought of it that way.
    Thank you!

nonfap, ANewFocus and jw2021 like this.
  8. hyperk

hyperk Fapstronaut

Hi!
    I would like to join this group.
    After trying to quit several times over the last 4 years with little success, I am now really motivated to finally make a real effort. I'm also making other changes to my lifestyle like exercising more, eating healthier, and re-organizing my personal and professional life.
    I intend to participate in the group regularly reporting my progress, sharing my experience, and supporting other members pushing through with their struggle.

9. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

My wife leaves for a trip today. I’ll be home alone.

Rather than rely on my own thoughts and creativity, I’d love to hear from this group about some ideas for avoiding PMO while my wife is gone.

nonfap, persona2903 and jw2021 like this.
  10. Cremuel

Cremuel Fapstronaut

What a great question @ANewFocus. The main advice I hear on this forum is "have a plan," particularly for what to do, and I agree that keeping busy is huge. For me personally. one way I keep busy, even when my calendar is open, is to have a list of daily rituals/routines that I work through. Mine includes things like lifting weights, prayer, walking, reading at least 30 minutes, reading daily scripture readings, accomplishing some sort of honey-do task around the house, calling/texting someone, checking in on NoFap, etc. I try to hit each one of these everyday, and honestly, I can barely keep up. There are days I can't get to them all. It's been really helpful these past few weeks to always have a deep bench of "next right things" to turn to, just to be safe. Good luck, brother.

nonfap, jw2021 and ANewFocus like this.
  11. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

You’re welcome!

nonfap, persona2903 and jw2021 like this.
  12. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

What a challenge! How are you on this second day of "loneliness"?
    Here I give you a "cloud" of ideas:
    upload_2022-6-30_15-31-23.png

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    nonfap and jw2021 like this.
  13. Cremuel

Cremuel Fapstronaut

Quick update: tomorrow I’m starting a 30 day media fast as part of my Media Addiction Program. Using this forum will be included, but I’ll add it back in after. In the meantime, I’ll write and keep my updates each week and then post them all when I’m back from my media fast on August 1st. Stay strong everyone, I’ll see you again real soon.

14. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

See you @Cremuel , God bless you on your media fast!

Cremuel, nonfap and jw2021 like this.
  15. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Hi @hyperk , I'm adding you to the waiting list. I guess tomorrow there will be room for adding you.

16. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Congratulations @nonfap !!!!

upload_2022-6-30_16-43-17.png

You are the owner of the new "6 months medal"!!!

17. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

We welcome @hyperk and @NickRivers to the accountability group!
    You are already in the updated ranking of post #1.
    As is our custom, we hope you will tell us something about yourself in your next post.

18. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I didn’t even make it until before she left. I PMO’d while she was packing to leave. I had 3 days. My goal now is to try to just get to 4 days. I haven’t been able to do much better than that for a while. Today I went and worked from a coffee shop and that helped take me away from places where I could PMO.

On your list of ideas, I like: friends, movies, gym, wash car, post in NoFap, haircut, family. I commit to do all of those during this long weekend.

I might even do an oil change for my car. I could also do an early morning bike ride on Saturday. I arranged a video game night with friends for tonight.

Thank you for the support on all those ideas. Really great!

19. nonfap

nonfap Fapstronaut

Thanks @persona2903 and @jw2021 !

I'm in a very different place than were I was 6+ months ago. I'm so thankful for this progress and I believe with the grace and help of God I can continue in this progress. I know I still have further to go but I am in a very different place now, and I'm so glad about it.

Thank you to everyone in the group and on the forums, it is a tremendous help to have this community for support.

20. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I love your attitude, your commitment and your success. Keep going!

persona2903, nonfap and jw2021 like this.