1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and older accountability, Group 2

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by persona2903, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Back2BestOfMe

Back2BestOfMe Fapstronaut

41 days. Wanted to share a short update what seems to be helping and hopefully the same serves you.

I´m focusing more on my stress level and have routines that help me lower my stress. My job does not always allow for that, but then it´s crucial to compensate outside of the job for this. Even activities like watching a movie, while physically relaxing can be mentally demanding. Getting control of my stress is helping greatly in controlling my urges. Sometimes it had been discussed in this forum, how too much pressure is counterproductive too.
    To give you a few real life examples, a few things that seem to work for me: Get a good sleep, being tired is more stressful then most might think. Planning enough time, rushing through the day from meeting to meeting and appointment to appointment just kills it. Say no, there are many situation where I would usually take on additional workload or tasks, which are not part of my job. And of course, awareness meditation. Getting conscious of your body, feeling how your stomach gets compressed, abrupt breathing, anxiety, nervousness,...

Have a great Weekend! Keep fighting

nonfap, persona2903 and jw2021 like this.
  2. Whats up bros! Doing great, Things are still the same all is good. Deeper bonding with partner.

Learning to honor my commitments more.

nonfap and jw2021 like this.
  3. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I was absent for 4 months, a very bad streak... I'll tell you a little more when I have the strength.
    I just updated the ranking of post 1.
    I'm glad to be back, I hope it's a new beginning.
    Greetings, fellow fighters!

RightEffort, nonfap and jw2021 like this.
  4. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I was worried about you. Sorry I didn't reach out. I'm glad you are back. I've been where you're at and left before. The important thing is you're back.

persona2903, nonfap and jw2021 like this.
  5. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Thank you, I really value your words!

6. Kn0wbie

Kn0wbie Fapstronaut

Still here… still clean… just over two weeks away from celebrating one year clean of PMO!

7. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

:emoji_pray::emoji_pray::emoji_pray:
    How are things going @IncorruptSeed?

ANewFocus and jw2021 like this.
  8. Welcome back, brother!

Also just a note my counter is 2 years and 200 days, so it would be 937 days plus :)

persona2903 and jw2021 like this.
  9. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I am at a week now. Really great therapy sessions and accomplishments this week at work. I can feel my emotions being more volatile this weekend, so I'm going to spend a lot of time this morning re-centering myself. I'm doing well this week and this is the time to build momentum.

persona2903 and jw2021 like this.
  10. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the welcome mate!
    You're right, I only saw the numbers and not the inscription "two years"... I'm already correcting it in the position table in post 1.
    I am happy to be with you again on this path of change and improvement!
    God bless you.

RightEffort, jw2021 and ANewFocus like this.
  11. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

The rank is up-to-date in post #1 (I copy the summary of the post below).
    We have some places for new members, please read the instructions in post #1.

Member ranking as of 12-mar-2024
    - - - - -
    P A R T I C I P A T I O N
    Active, very often
    Regular, within the guidelines for the group
    Very low, membership could be dropped
    - - - - -
    1. RightEffort : 2 years 211 days :emoji_white_sun_cloud: :emoji_sunny: :emoji_trophy: :emoji_medal: :emoji_running_shirt_with_sash: :emoji_crown: :emoji_ring:
    2. Kn0wbie : 360 days :emoji_white_sun_cloud: :emoji_sunny: :emoji_trophy: :emoji_medal: :emoji_running_shirt_with_sash:
    3. GameChanger007 : 139 days :emoji_white_sun_cloud: :emoji_sunny: :emoji_trophy:
    4. Nu-Dae : 66 days :emoji_white_sun_cloud: :emoji_sunny:
    5. Heinz 2 : 57 days :emoji_white_sun_cloud:
    6. persona2903 : 14 days
    7. nonfap : 10 days
    8. ANewFocus : 9 days
    9. Back2BestOfMe : 5 days
    10. BookNerd42 : 3 days
    11. incorruptseed : 0 days
    12. jw2021 : 0 days
    -----------------------------------------------------

jw2021 and ANewFocus like this.
  12. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Good news! I hope you continue well and moving forward!

jw2021 and ANewFocus like this.
  13. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

In these few days I am already beginning to experience the benefits of abstaining from PM:
    • greater peace of mind,
    • more creativity,
    • more efficiency,
    • better use of time,
    • less guilt,
    • more freedom.
    :)
    But I know myself, so I'll be careful how I walk this day.
    Have a beautiful day!​

"So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall!"
    1 Corinthians 10:12
    New International Version

nonfap, ANewFocus and jw2021 like this.
  14. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

It is so good to see you back and experiencing the freedom you are. Btw, I realize my counter is not up. I will get that fixed later today and provide the group a update.

nonfap and persona2903 like this.
  15. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

This is golden. The days when we don't feel guilt for our usage and feel the freedom to live our lives in the way we intend, those are priceless. It's good to have you back.

16. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

I haven't been posting much on the site for some time. I've still been here and active. I've been working directly with several AP's on a daily basis. When I was posting regularly, I got involved in too many subsections of the forum and following too many threads. It become overwhelming. Don't get me wrong, I would love to follow every thread on here and love interacting with everyone but I am just one person and only have so much time. I'm ready to start posting and journaling again. I plan to make daily posts on my journal. Any of you are welcome to follow along and comment if you like. Per the rules of this group, I plan to post a update at least once per week in this thread.

I decided to set my day counter back up again. I've decided for me that it is a good accountability tool. My recent failures have involved watching some series on streaming tv that contain nudity. The last series in particular had a lot of nudity and a theme of sexuality throughout the entire series. Allowing myself to watch those shows stirred up temptation. Once again, I arrive back at the conclusion that tv is not a good thing for me and something I must avoid. It seems if I allow a little bit then I keep going further. If I have to give up tv to stay sober then so be it. My counter now reflects the day I turned off the tv.

I'm amazed at the difference on the site since I posted regularly. Many of those I have interacted with have not posted in months. If any of you guys are out there and see this I hope to see you back! I also see many new names. I look forward to interacting with you all and working to improve our lives together.

nonfap and persona2903 like this.
  17. Kn0wbie

Kn0wbie Fapstronaut

Just wanted to pop up on here and say “365 days”! That’s it! I’m done!

fuck this feels awesome!

18. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

Congratulations to you. This is an incredible achievement. Keep pressing forward!

nonfap, RightEffort and Kn0wbie like this.
  19. Kn0wbie

Kn0wbie Fapstronaut

Thanks bud - appreciated

20. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

upload_2024-3-18_16-17-53.png
    Congratulations to @Kn0wbie for having won the crown of victory, after 365 years of "sobriety"!