1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and older accountability, Group 2

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by persona2903, Nov 13, 2019.

1. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Step 4 changed my life. It changed how I relate to many people and my perspective on my life. Do it thoroughly and it is so healing.

RightEffort and Barakah like this.
  2. Barakah

Barakah Fapstronaut

Day 1. I spent the day fasting, doing meditation, Journaling, and doing the forgiveness exercise

Yeaaah it's definitely powerful I can already feel it changing me

How was your overall experience with the 12 steps program?

RightEffort likes this.
  3. Barakah

Barakah Fapstronaut

Forgiveness is a temptation killer

persona2903 and RightEffort like this.
  4. dasher

dasher Fapstronaut

I relapsed in March. I want to restart. Please add me if position opens up.

persona2903, RightEffort and Barakah like this.
  5. Every thing going well. :)

Barakah likes this.
  6. Mideast

Mideast Fapstronaut

Thanks for your honesty @Barakah. I have finished 12 steps but I struggle. It is better since I found a higher power and have always hope things will get better if I keep working on improving them honestly and humbly. I m far from that goal now.

12 steps have a very important rule which is we grow along spiritual lines no demand for perfection in terms of never having resentment or fear but its almost impossible. We abstain for sure from the acting out behaviors but we also need to commit our life utterly to our higher power as in step 3. It means resentment and fears are almost all gone since we are dependent on our higher power and performing the higher power's will in our lifes only.That happens by constant prayer and meditation and unselfishness in every action through out the day everyday. It looks hard but it is not if we build it 24 hours at a time only.

persona2903, Barakah and ANewFocus like this.
  7. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

[​IMG]
    Congratulations to @Misty1984 on his ninety days!

We welcome @figarofigaro to the group and also to @dasher who has just been reinstated ... good to see you again friend!

8. dasher

dasher Fapstronaut

Thanks for reinstating me. My last failure occurred at 80+ days when I started believing I am invincible, and started doing "edging" (genital simulation without ejaculation). One day I failed to hold it. And the dam broke. Lockdown was hard for me as the daily routine was disrupted. I am back at it. And no edging this time.

Barakah and persona2903 like this.
  9. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

There is a proverb that goes like this: "Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall." I checked it a thousand times in the flesh ... Welcome back to the fight, let's help each other win this war, battle after battle!

Barakah likes this.
  10. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

They helped open me up to the experience of others. The 12 steps are a wonderful program with or without believing in God. Step 4-9 are life changing and life affirming. Steps 10-12 help me to lead a better life. Ultimately the steps failed for me because others left the program and I kept losing sponsors and I failed. If I don’t live 10-12 daily and make it a priority in my life, I fail. It is similar to this program too. It requires constant commitment to live a challenging and rewarding way of life. I continually seek easy ways out.

I slipped this week. The thought came to me my mind is weak and I gave in.

Barakah and persona2903 like this.
  11. Barakah

Barakah Fapstronaut

Thanks for your answer
    Yeah I also feel like it's something that should change the way we live each day
    I'm only at step 4 right now but I really see how beneficial it could be to submit to God and trying to not hold resentments towards others. Easier said than done but it'd be awesome.

Day 2 for me. This weekend was difficult for me spiritually speaking because I felt obstacles to connect to God and to forgive, but I stood in front of the computer and started to write about what I thought was blocking me and how I could resolve this. I feel better now

persona2903 and ANewFocus like this.
  12. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Sharing my step 4 with a sponsor removed a lot of shame in my life. I was able to accept myself as a complex and imperfect person and that helps me upset others that way.

I have two days clean. I am focusing on daily exercise, meditation and recognizing my values of health, spirituality and self growth as guides for my daily life. Two days in.

persona2903 and Barakah like this.
  13. Barakah

Barakah Fapstronaut

Yeah I think it's beneficial to open up to others about our fears.
    And we realize that we're not the only ones who have those fears

Day 3 for me. I feel temptations rising today

persona2903 likes this.
  14. Barakah

Barakah Fapstronaut

Thanks for this great answer man. May we succeed

persona2903 likes this.
  15. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I’m on day 3 too and temptations are strong. I want to flirt. I want to stalk on Facebook. I want to feel that temporary pleasure. I will never get better if I give in to that.

Barakah likes this.
  16. NOFAP is a natural way of life now, Continuing with full determination.

Seeing girls in summer can be a little challenging at times, but I have now trained my mind that is using every distraction and temptation as a reminder to go to God. Loud noise, frustration, lust, anger, all is a reminder to go to prayer and be quiet and remember that God is here closer to me than breathing and it is in HIM that im fulfilled.

May all beings be happy within themselves.

Barakah, persona2903 and ANewFocus like this.
  17. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Today is day 4 for me. I overate and didn’t feel any motivation today. I didn’t act out and that felt good. Like yesterday’s lust, today’s lethargy will pass eventually.

persona2903 likes this.
  18. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

The first months for me were like a roller coaster of feelings and desires. You always have to live one day at a time, but in the first months of NOFAP much more! I encourage you to keep going and not pay so much attention to the number of days counter but to live well the day we are living.
    I wish that today we have a day of victory, of peace without anxieties!

RightEffort and ANewFocus like this.
  19. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Hi Dasher, how are you these days?
    Regards my friend!

20. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Yes, summer is a great challenge. In my hemisphere it is already winter, but when summer came (my first NOFAP summer) I thought it would be my end ... but it was not as bad as I expected. I hope you have a wonderful summer with the fundamental help of God!

RightEffort likes this.