1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Scripture a Day...

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Psalm 46:1-2

“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.”

2. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Daniel 4:27‭, ‬31‭, ‬33‭-‬34‭, ‬36‭-‬37

Therefore, Your Majesty, be pleased to accept my [Daniel's] advice: Renounce your sins by doing what is right, and your wickedness by being kind to the oppressed. It may be that then your prosperity will continue.”
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even as the [prideful] words were on his [Nebuchadnezzar's] lips, a voice came from heaven, “This is what is decreed for you, King Nebuchadnezzar: Your royal authority has been taken from you. Immediately what had been said about Nebuchadnezzar was fulfilled.

He was driven away from people and ate grass like the ox. His body was drenched with the dew of heaven until his hair grew like the feathers of an eagle and his nails like the claws of a bird. At the end of that time, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven, and my sanity was restored. Then I praised the Most High; I honored and glorified him who lives forever. His dominion is an eternal dominion; his kingdom endures from generation to generation.

At the same time that my sanity was restored, my honor and splendor were returned to me for the glory of my kingdom. My advisers and nobles sought me out, and I was restored to my throne and became even greater than before. Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble.

3. Rise Above

Rise Above Fapstronaut

This reminds me of today’s world. We are surrounded by false idols (money, women, relationships, social status, political entities), just as they were in their time. The world wants us to worship and bow down to these things, but as Christians, we must be like these three men and continue to be faithful to God, even in the midst of great temptation and falsehoods. If you look up, you’ll notice that the stars are always surrounded by darkness, and yet they still shine where all can see :)

4. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

1 John 2:15-17

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

5. Rise Above

Rise Above Fapstronaut

John 14:15-19
    “If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.”

I think that oftentimes we feel like we are insignificant, but this verse shows that this is not the case. God and Jesus see us as special.​

BurgerChamp, Tao Jones and Akeakua like this.
  6. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Proverbs 12:16-19

Fools show their annoyance at once, but the prudent overlook an insult.

Whoever speaks the truth gives honest evidence, but a false witness utters deceit.

The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue lasts only a moment.

7. Really needed to hear this today. Thank you!

BurgerChamp and Akeakua like this.
  8. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Isaiah 43:1-2

But now, this is what the Lord says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

9. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Nehemiah 1:8-9

“Remember the instruction you gave your servant Moses, saying, ‘If you are unfaithful, I will scatter you among the nations, but if you return to me and obey my commands, then even if your exiled people are at the farthest horizon, I will gather them from there and bring them to the place I have chosen as a dwelling for my Name.’

10. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Haggai 1:3-10

Then the word of the Lord came through the prophet Haggai: “Is it a time for you yourselves to be living in your paneled houses, while this house remains a ruin?”

Now this is what the Lord Almighty says: “Give careful thought to your ways. You have planted much, but harvested little. You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only to put them in a purse with holes in it.”

This is what the Lord Almighty says: “Give careful thought to your ways. Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build my house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honored,” says the Lord.

“You expected much, but see, it turned out to be little. What you brought home, I blew away. Why?” declares the Lord Almighty. “Because of my house, which remains a ruin, while each of you is busy with your own house. Therefore, because of you the heavens have withheld their dew and the earth its crops.

11. Rise Above

Rise Above Fapstronaut

‭‭John‬ ‭15:18-25‬ ‭
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’”

Gina3111, BurgerChamp, YYY and 2 others like this.
  12. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Isaiah 35:1-7

The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad;
    the desert shall rejoice and blossom like the crocus;
    it shall blossom abundantly
    and rejoice with joy and singing.
    The glory of Lebanon shall be given to it,
    the majesty of Carmel and Sharon.
    They shall see the glory of the Lord,
    the majesty of our God.

Strengthen the weak hands,
    and make firm the feeble knees.
    Say to those who have an anxious heart,
    “Be strong; fear not!
    Behold, your God
    will come with vengeance,
    with the recompense of God.
    He will come and save you.”

Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened,
    and the ears of the deaf unstopped;
    then shall the lame man leap like a deer,
    and the tongue of the mute sing for joy.
    For waters break forth in the wilderness,
    and streams in the desert;
    the burning sand shall become a pool,
    and the thirsty ground springs of water;
    in the haunt of jackals, where they lie down,
    the grass shall become reeds and rushes.

13. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

1 Kings 19:3-8

Elijah was afraid and ran for his life. When he came to Beersheba in Judah, he left his servant there, while he himself went a day’s journey into the wilderness. He came to a broom bush, sat down under it and prayed that he might die. “I have had enough, Lord ,” he said. “Take my life; I am no better than my ancestors.” Then he lay down under the bush and fell asleep. All at once an angel touched him and said, “Get up and eat.” He looked around, and there by his head was some bread baked over hot coals, and a jar of water. He ate and drank and then lay down again. The angel of the Lord came back a second time and touched him and said, “Get up and eat, for the journey is too much for you.” So he got up and ate and drank. Strengthened by that food, he traveled forty days and forty nights until he reached Horeb, the mountain of God.

BurgerChamp, Rise Above, YYY and 3 others like this.
  14. Jehovah Jireh!

BurgerChamp and Akeakua like this.
  15. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

1 John 4:10‭-‬12‭, ‬19

This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
    We love because he first loved us.

16. Rise Above

Rise Above Fapstronaut

Love this one, it shows that God will provide for us in all circumstances so long as we do his will.

BurgerChamp, Myfortress and Akeakua like this.
  17. Rise Above

Rise Above Fapstronaut

James 4:7
    “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
    ‭‭‭Luke‬ ‭4:1-2, 13
    “Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, where for forty days he was tempted by the devil

When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left him until an opportune time.‬”

I feel the devil at my neck right now. He is always looking for weaknesses and waiting for the opportunity to make you fail. He doesn’t want you to succeed in being a godly man and wants to make you serve and love the world. Jesus resisted him, as he said we should, and the devil fled from Jesus. I will do the same.

BurgerChamp, Tao Jones and Akeakua like this.
  18. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Thank you. This is too timely... "Until an opportune time." So many punches in this season, for many of us. We must make time for God, every day, quality time, baring our honest frustrations and weaknesses to Him so He may give us mercy and grace. And always praise the Lord!

BurgerChamp, Rise Above and Tao Jones like this.
  19. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Psalms 106:43-48

Many times he delivered them, but they were bent on rebellion and they wasted away in their sin. Yet he took note of their distress when he heard their cry; for their sake he remembered his covenant and out of his great love he relented. He caused all who held them captive to show them mercy. Save us, Lord our God, and gather us from the nations, that we may give thanks to your holy name and glory in your praise. Praise be to the Lord , the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Let all the people say, “Amen!” Praise the Lord.