1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Scripture a Day...

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Psalms 139:23-24

Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

2. This is an excellent memory verse.

BurgerChamp and Akeakua like this.
  3. Rise Above

Rise Above Fapstronaut

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭1:1-3‬ ‭NIV
    “Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers.”‬‬

Gina3111, BurgerChamp, Toni7 and 3 others like this.
  4. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Psalms 92:12-15

The righteous will flourish like a palm tree,
    they will grow like a cedar in Lebanon;
    planted in the house of the LORD, they will flourish in the courts of our God.
    They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming,
    “The LORD is upright; he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him.”

BurgerChamp, Tao Jones and Myfortress like this.
  5. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

6. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Malachi 2:17

You have wearied the Lord with your words. “How have we wearied him?” you ask. By saying, “All who do evil are good in the eyes of the Lord , and he is pleased with them” or “Where is the God of justice?”

Malachi 3:6-7

“I the Lord do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed. Ever since the time of your ancestors you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you,” says the Lord Almighty.

BurgerChamp and Myfortress like this.
  7. I wanna share this scripture here:

Ecclesiastes 12:13 "For this is the conclusion of the matter, fear God and keep his commandments. This is the duty of mankind"

8. BTW, congrats on 30+ days! :)

9. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Thank you both. If anyone here is new to this fight, our salvation comes by our repentance and then our faith in Jesus Christ as God. I was trying to earn it by the Law, I stumbled over the stumbling stone. His hands are outstretched in the directions of all people. A plea of earnest repentance, an earnest yearning to turn away from sin and towards God because of a pure realization of the damage it is doing to His sheep who he is jealous for, His will, and His kingdom -- this is what pleases God. God just wants to see this heart within us, a pure motivation for overcoming sin beyond ourselves; and then he rescues us (again!) Now, we must take faith that we have been rescued! How great is our God and His Love for us!

Now, this is not to say that we no longer need to be prudent -- we must! If any thought of lust arises, even in the slightest, we must take it captive, and present it to God asking for forgiveness over the thought (view SET FREE NOWWW attachment, thank you Tao and all who have circulated this through these forums.)

Romans 9:30-33
    "What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; but Israel, who pursued a law of righteousness, has not attained it. Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the "stumbling stone." As it is written: "See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    BurgerChamp and Tao Jones like this.
  10. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Matthew 10:16

“I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves."

11. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

2 Timothy 2:3-7

Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him. An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules. It is the hard-working farmer who ought to have the first share of the crops. Think over what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything.

12. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Nahum 1:7

The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.

13. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Romans 15:4‭-‬9‭, 13

For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope. May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God. For I tell you that Christ has become a servant of the Jews on behalf of God’s truth, so that the promises made to the patriarchs might be confirmed and, moreover, that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

14. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Amen! I needed that man!

15. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

2 Corinthians 1:3-7

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.

BurgerChamp and Myfortress like this.
  16. I love that passage. This is what we do here for each other.

17. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Isaiah 40:28-29

Have you not known?
    Have you not heard?
    The everlasting God, the LORD,
    The Creator of the ends of the earth,
    Neither faints nor is weary.
    His understanding is unsearchable.
    He gives power to the weak,
    And to those who have no might He increases strength.

BurgerChamp, geester, Toni7 and 2 others like this.
  18. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Romans 7:21-25

So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.