1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do it for that one moment

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Erick Pastora, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Erick Pastora

Erick Pastora Fapstronaut

You're afraid of not achieving, of failing, of being humiliated. You're confused, you see your goals as unrealistic, you fantasize all day about what you want to be doing or how you think your perfect world can be. You are so afraid of failure that you even find yourself comfortable in not trying. You see other people doing what you want and you just think "if I could just be like them I would do it". You've lost hope in yourself.

You are in the comfort zone of misery. But your faith should never be gone. Whenever you find yourself saying the word "would" change it to "could" and from could you realize you "can" and when you realize you can, you DO. Don't spend your time dreaming about what you want to do or where you want to be or how you would like to be, instead get off your ass and start doing.

Because what's the alternative? You either be miserable from asking what if or you start working towards your goals. You know you could fail, but don't let that stop you because failure is not as bad as it seems and you can always learn from failing. If there was no failure, how would you know what success is like?

Your mind may think in these different kind of ways: for every chance you might belive you have less than 50% odds of failing, more than 50% or exactly 50%. But as Han Solo says: "never tell me the odds". This is the way you should think: whenever there's even the littlest chance of you succeeding, you go and fucking do it. Don't think of it as "OK I'll do it but I know there's a big chance I fail" change that mindset to "I'll do it because I don't care which are the odds of me failing, if I can achieve I have to do it". That will start leading you towards great things.

Do it for that one moment where you know that even though you have failed you're now doing it. The satisfaction of not giving up, of not surrendering towards your dreams, of fear going away. That moment when you just feel like you can do anything and you even cry a little from the joy you feel, where the hurt you felt goes away because now you've done it.

Don't do it for anyone else, do it for you.

Hitto, YooHoo, Bigguy4u and 4 others like this.
  2. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

When you say "I can't", you automatically have a reason in your mind for why you "can't". When you have a reason for why you "can't", you let yourself off the hook.

When you say "I don't", you are accepting full responsibility for your choice not to. You are calling yourself out. You are acknowledging that you chose not to do it. Big difference.

"I can't go to the gym... because I am tired." VS "I don't go to the gym... because it's not a priority for me."

Erick Pastora and Asgardian36 like this.
  3. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

Awesome post, man!!! This is why I check into self improvement post!!

Dandelion30 and Erick Pastora like this.
  4. nef

nef Fapstronaut

dreaming is not bad DREAMING BELIEVING COMMITTING repeat when you failed fail thousand times rise up a million times

Hitto and Erick Pastora like this.
  5. Erick Pastora

Haha I fucking love this section too! I have some other posts that came to me in great moments of inspiration, I can send them to you if you want

6. Erick Pastora