1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Legalize suicide?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 22, 2018.

1. How can you not respect what someone else decides? It's not your life, it's hers. you have your options

2. [CITA = "Jen @ 8675309, publicación: 1373493, miembro: 63516"] Creo que las enfermedades mentales pueden ser un factor importante que contribuye a las tendencias suicidas, y debemos tratar de ayudar a la gente en lugar de simplemente decir que están haciendo ejercicio ". correcto 'para terminar sus vidas. Es como un catch-22, donde nadie en su sano juicio querría morir, así que si lo desean, no están en su sano juicio ... [/ QUOTE]

if it is a matter of years, and with psychological analysis is in its right mind would not be classified as sick. It is only his desire, as I said before. for more therapies or desire of people to show the world if that person does not want anything will change their decision

3. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Life is precious not a throw away item.

4. corrección. Tu vida es preciosa

5. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I'm reluctant to comment further on this as, per usual, I have information others are not privy to. Sychar your life is precious, that's all I'm saying, same with Chris, or anyone for that matter.

6. siempre me lo dijo muchas veces. No le digas tus cosas a nadie. todo bien. gracias por el consejo @tweeby

7. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I never share anything personal obviously, but I get why you and Chris feel this way, that's why I worry about you guys sometimes.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Yeah, but that also goes back to what I said. There's religious people that kill themselves regardless of what their belief is and atheists who don't even consider suicide at all. It really depends on the person I guess, even though I'm an atheist I wouldn't want to off myself unless I was laying there literally dying.

9. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

Well I guess in a sense, atheists who don't kill themselves in moments of suffering are acting illogically according to their world view. It goes the same with atheists who are against abortion, who stand for tolerance and love, who are against war, who value marriage and monogamy, etc... Not saying that atheists don't value these things, however these things are not based within the logical response of an atheistic worldview.

Most atheists would adopt these attributes culturally depending on where they are from. However it's still within a sense irrational.

When a religious person kills themselves, they are behaving in contradiction to what they believe, they are behaving irrationally within their religion worldview.

If you want to speak statistics, countries that tend to lean more atheistic (both culturally and religiously) tend to have higher suicide rates versus countries that lean more religiously.

With that being said, I would agree with you that suicide can have many factors that can influence a person... Probably the biggest reason can be mental health.

10. The biggest reason is mental health, like clinical depression or even severe anxiety that turns into depression from festering too long. The longer depression goes untreated the worse the person feels as well as the suicidal thoughts, so naturally over time they may turn to suicide.

xeon1993 likes this.
  11. SolitaryScribe

Here's an interesting question, how can we distinguish between clinical depression and behavioral depression. I think Jordan Peterson brings a very interesting point about how people choose to live their lives. Depression is such a complex thing and can have many attributes, I personally think that many people suffer from behavioral depression where their lifestyle is what's causing their depression without them even knowing it.

12. xeon1993

xeon1993 Fapstronaut

While abortion is legal, euthanizing should be as well.

13. SolitaryScribe

Honestly I'm sympathetic towards euthanasia than I am to abortion. Although I'm against both, euthanasia makes more sense to me.

Deleted Account and xeon1993 like this.
  14. xeon1993

xeon1993 Fapstronaut

Though, no matter how much you are into pain to give in (if we talk about emotional breakdown, not a physical one), it will make a staying suffer for those around you.

15. Clinical depression is just a fancy word for severe depression, with symptoms that are present every day aso well as lasting over two weeks. Depression comes in all shapes and sizes and for others they can be born or just hit with it for no reason, it is a complex illness.

What behavioral thing can cause a person to become depressed? Unless you're talking about say somebody being depressed that they don't have any money kind of thing.

16. SolitaryScribe

Well that's the thing that most people don't take into account when it comes to suicide and euthanasia. It affects more people than just the person who dies. Imagine if a mother has lost her child to a legal suicide or her child requested to be euthanized... I think she would be put under greater suffering than the person who dies.

xeon1993 likes this.
  17. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Makes sense. I don’t see how wanting your own death is illegal, but wanting someone else’s death is perfectly okay when it comes to the law.

Deleted Account and xeon1993 like this.
  18. xeon1993

xeon1993 Fapstronaut

Exactly.

While abortion (if it is "taken care of" at first weeks) seems with no regrets and just with bold emptiness, while you still kill a living organism. It could be named a legal suicide for an unborn, though against its will.

MLMVSS likes this.
  19. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

there is no such thing as "behavioral depression". If you dont believe google it and you will find out that there is absolute no mentioning of behavioral depression. Depression is just depression.

Even if you are bi-polar and have periods of manic behaviour and then depressive behaviour, depression is exactly same as clinical depression and in both cases it should be dealt with otherwise it will just grow bigger over time.

20. Mientras que el aborto (si se "cuida" en las primeras semanas) parece sin remordimientos y solo con un vacío audaz, mientras se sigue matando a un organismo vivo. Podría llamarse un suicidio legal para un nonato, aunque contra su voluntad. [/QUOTE]

No lo había visto de esa manera. Pero estás en lo correcto. Nunca he estado a favor del aborto