1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

THE 100 DAY SPARTAN CHALLENGE (OPEN)

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Kratos_GOW, Jun 13, 2019.

Are you a warrior.?

1. Yes

816 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. No, I am loser

32 vote(s)
    2.5%
  3. I want to be

435 vote(s)
    33.9%
  1. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

Really motivating to read your posts

2. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

10days man. Really good to see that

3. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

Focus on 1 week that's the difficult one. You got this

4. Wolfyoufeed

Wolfyoufeed Fapstronaut

Thanks guys!

Day 16 (24 personal)
    It’s getting easier now. I still feel the old urges, especially when I sneak a bite or two of chocolate.. but I catch myself and stop doing old things.. like picking out the most beautiful female, or looking below the face. I try to remember that every person I see is family to someone.. that they have more value than I used to give them and more value than I used to have with my demoralizing ways.

*places spoils of war on the table*
    For Sparta!

5. i_have_pizza

i_have_pizza Fapstronaut

6. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

Checking in: Day sixty-three.

7. Laurent

Laurent Fapstronaut

8. the alpha project

the alpha project Fapstronaut

Good to see you are making progress again!

Wolfyoufeed likes this.
  9. the alpha project

the alpha project Fapstronaut

Good work!

Vendidad likes this.
  10. Thanks ...

11. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

Sixty-plus days with no PMO, and what a journey it's been!

Here's what I've learned the past weekend:

I no longer expect permanent recovery without struggle and suffering. I am on the road to living a life free from addiction, and for me this newfound life involves its fair share of discomfort and suffering.

No matter how many days I've abstained from PMO, my past and present demons greet me, and I need to stay strong and vigilant, and I need to rely on God and family and friends for support and guidance.

I also need to keep looking inward, thoroughly and honestly evaluating why I chose to numb my emotions to begin with. Abstaining and putting together a long streak isn't enough. I must continue to dig deep and confront my demons.

I believe that my all of my addictions can be traced to a painful and traumatic past, which involved a particularly battering assault on my psyche, and I'm convinced that the hurt and pain and underlying wounds from my past remain at the center of my fear and insecurity and yearning for acceptance and control.

For me it's easy to live a PMO-free life on my "up" days, but what counts the most is doing the right things on the lonely, dark days, when I'm feeling anxious and depressed, deprived of sleep, entertaining sexual urges, and worrying about circumstances and events beyond my control.
    This is when I really need to buckle down and continue to pray to God, meditate, work on goals, log onto nofap, hit the gym, take cold showers, get out of the house...because this is my chosen path, and this what my recovery plan requires, and I've come too far to let it all slip away!

No matter what my day counter reads, I am recovering, one day at a time. It doesn't matter how slowly I am recovering or how often I am struggling. I need to keep traveling in the right direction, one day at time. This journey doesn't require perfection, and it's OK to rest every now and then, but I will never quit, and so today I will continue along my chosen path, convinced that my effort is well worth the journey.

12. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

"A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials"

Seneca

13. Checking in, Day 10. DOUBLE DIGITS, BAYBAY!?!

was struggling really bad yesterday and don’t know why I couldn’t shake my urges. I was being productive but I felt like it wasn’t the productive I wanted, lots of chores, cleaning up, finishing up things wife asked me to do. At the moment I was frustrated but as look back today at what I Knocked out I feel good.

crushed the gym this morning, forgot to weigh myself though and that’s a bummer because I won’t know my official weight of the start of this week and the sauna was super packed to where I couldn’t meditate so it felt like a rocky start.

Clean eating begins with meatless Monday, I have my protein shake to help with my gains. This week is mine. I’m going to start practicing my guitar mastering an album a month, the last few weeks I was so caught up in playing a lot of Elvis on the guitar to play and sing at the same time. Lots of hits that can be performed when asked to play the guitar, and no one should ever have a problem with the King. I was also playing a lot of the Smiths for skill, i hate how difficult the guitar parts are but love that it’s such a challenge. Finished an art project from May of last year and I can move on to two new ones. I want to say all things take time and are meant to happen, but NoFap has helped jump start a few things.

14. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

Powerful stuff. Thank you for motivating us with your insight.

15. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

DAY 50. Whoa, I made it halfway to the challenge. As @Espi1971 said, there will be tough and dark days in this lifestyle, the one who concurs himself at his lowest wins the championship title. Its really hard, but the most rewarding. I am really proud of all the brothers who fight themselves to be better than yesterday. Trust me or not but your efforts motivate the guy sitting next to you. We all are part of this family, we are the one 300 Spartans of Lionaides, the only difference is we will win.
    If anyone thinks that why I close the challenge often for a time limit is simply because I don't want to constantly add people to this challenge so it becomes popular, no I keep that number limited because I want to build a platform where ppl actually care about other persons progress and motivate them to push them beyond there limit. I want the new guys to actually feel comfortable in this group and I want to devote my time to each and everyone who is here. I don't want this to be a challenge to just check-in and be done with it just to relapse afterward. I want our brothers to grow with each day and be better versions of themselves as the challenge progress. I want that, the brothers who complete the challenge can proudly say "The Spartan Challenge changed my life". That right there is my trophy and my payment.
    Don't give up, better than that GO BEYOND, PLUS ULTRA!!!

16. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

Have that mentality everytime you enter the next week. THIS WEEK IS MINE, BAYBAY. You got this. I have high hopes for you in this challenge!

17. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

GG, dont give up!

Vendidad and the alpha project like this.
  18. Daily check day (1)15 @Kratos_GOW
    Woke up really early, hit the gym only 2 hours but had an intensive training since I knew I was only that 2 hours free.
    Really happy, today is Epiphany and in Italy is holy almost as Christmas and I when this morning after my first hour routine I was walking to the gym(around 7 30 am) nobody was around, I mean I crossed the main street without even checking because no one was around, all in the bed, because it is holiday but
    "Today I'll do something that others won't, so tomorrow I'll have something others won't"
    So I am ready to give my title to our motivator @the alpha project
    I am really honored to give my title to him, and I can't wait that all of you will gain that title, because as I said before this way you will learn that the title is just a little reward compared to great reward of having changed your life.
    Because what we're doing here is changing the type of person that we are.
    In 24 years I never considered myself as a morning person.
    In the last 45 days I never woke(NEVER, no matter the day or what I did the previous evening) after 7 30, I woke just one time at 8 on Jan,1. So despite the previous 24 years, who am I?
    In 24 years I never considered myself as a "fit" guy, I always(out of jealousy) make fun of them.
    In the last 66 days I hitted the gym 56 times. So despite the previous 24 years, who am I?
    What I am trying to say that we are too attached to the definition that we make of ourselves. While growing we decided that we were a type of person and then we made wrong decisions just because they were the decision that a person like that would have done.
    But we can change that. We can reverse the procedure.
    How?
    Every decision you take is a vote for the person you wish to become.
    Cast as many votes as possible for the person you want to be.
    Want to be a morning person? No matter how painful, wake the earliest you can
    Want to be a "gym tipe"? No matter how stressful, hit the gym everytime you can
    And then you'll start to believe it. and a magic action-reaction will start:
    Your beliefs become your thoughts,
    Your thoughts become your words,
    Your words become your actions,
    Your actions become your habits,
    Your habits become your values,
    Your values become your destiny.

So my advice is to change the greatest problem in people trait:
    We must stop being a thermometer and start being a thermostat.
    Where's the difference?
    By now we are thermometer because how we work is "adapt to the enviroment", if the enviroment say 20° we as thermometer say 20° as well. If the enviroment is lazy we become lazy as well.
    But we need to be a thermostat, because a thermostat works and the enviroment adapts to it. If we want 25° instead of 20° we as thermostat change the enviroment. If we want to be productive, we change the lazy enviroment.
    That's the point, changing instead of being changed.