1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

THE INTERSTELLAR CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by hoping_cannon, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

2. Mathman1994

Mathman1994 Fapstronaut

I still have not escaped day 0. I did some stream of conscience journaling around my fantasies and recovery, and I realized I am really messed up. A lot of trauma from childhood, and parts of how I see myself. However, digging up this crap led to a PMO binge, and I feel like I have finally hit rock bottom. I don't know how much further I can fall if I am not rock bottom, but hopefully I am rock bottom, because if I am, then there is only room to go up. I am now 15 hours clean, and I may take some time off from the forums until I can reach 4 days and then 7 days. After that, I think I will post everyday once I reach those streaks.

Best,
    Mathman1994

3. It cold here up in space.
    But oh the freedom feels good!
    Day 15 covered athe days required to be signed of as a fully trained astronaut.
    Let's keep flying clear of this brothers.

4. Day 1.
    yesterday was really really tough, i kept thinking about pmo and i feel like i would die without it. instead of acting on that impulse, i prayed to God and the urge just went away. im really grateful and now im gonna watch nba XD go bucks!

5. RavenGT

RavenGT Fapstronaut

Hello @hoping_cannon

I wish to begin even though im already reaching endurance

Thanks m8

6. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

7. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

8. Mathman1994

Mathman1994 Fapstronaut

Day 2.5 no P
    Hour 18.5 no MO

I made the stupid decision to fish on Facebook. Saw some attractive women in bikinis, though that did not last too long. I for the briefest of moments decided to search for P, as the P-subs were not doing enough, and then I though about my accountability partner and this deal I made with him to try to win at this challenge on ManDon'tFap, and so I stopped myself and went no further. Then, without taking my devices with me, I went into the restroom and MO'd. It did not feel as good as I would have liked, especially since I was 5 hours short of Day 2, but I feel good enough that I MO'd instead of MOing with P. That is far worse (though MO is not good for me anyway, so I am trying to avoid that too). I am now considering fishing/peeking or edging without O to be a reset (along with MO of course), so even if I had not MO'd, I would have had to reset. I may have shorter streaks in the mean time with stricter standards, but if I can stop myself from PMO/MO, it will be a drastic improvement. I know when I went 28 days hard mode, that I did not fish, peek, or edge at all. And that was just a month ago since that streak ended, so now I am determined to get back there and beyond because I know I can do it, it will just take a little willpower and a lot of rejuvenating exercise and meditation to get clean. I have not been meeting my goals like I promised myself I would. And on the said ManDon'tFap app, I have a list of all of my goals laid out to engage in a healthy lifestyle. I said I have to complete at least 60% to not reset, but when I have a bad (non-PMO/MO) day, I do not want to have to reset just because I was down. So my goal is to check off 4-5 things on my list a day, and to reward myself when I do all of them.

Best,
    Mathman1994

9. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

10. Day 30
    Diving into wormhole.

11. niceee

Day 4.
    finally started doing my hw, im having a one week holiday and the past 5 days were spent on gaming mostly ;-;

12. Mathman1994

Mathman1994 Fapstronaut

Haven't posted much, but I finally beat the binge after 1 about a week, I am now 1.5 days clean and ready to fight again. I have been running and hiding for days, but now I am out. I intentionally skipped my sleeping pill last night so that I could face my thoughts in my insomnia. I put my phone away and my laptop was in the kitchen, so I was not tempted to PMO, and I just faced the things I was running from. I also played Nintendo Switch and 3DS last night to pass the time, and then I faced the darkness. While not sleeping can be very bad for recovery, it is also the time that my darkest fears present themselves, and I needed to face them, instead of running. Needless to say, I got up with about 4-5 hours of restless sleep feeling clearer than I have in days. I was able to have a candid conversation with my mom about some things I threw at her about my identity a couple weeks ago, and we got to talk. (I recently came out as gender fluid, and my mom was confused because I would tell her everything, but this is one thing I never disclosed despite dealing with it for years. I guess it had a lot to do with the fact that I was still sorting through my life and did not know if what I was feeling was my schizo-affective delusions or if it was my gender identity. She could understand that though, and in the end, we went for a walk with my dad.)

I am drinking Starbucks to keep my mind going, but I feel like today will be a productive day.

Best,
    Mathman1994

13. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

14. Thanks.

Day 31

15. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

16. hoping_cannon

hoping_cannon Distinguished Fapstronaut

Welcome Aboard!

ICE :D, RavenGT, DRAGON_ and 2 others like this.
  17. hoping_cannon

hoping_cannon Distinguished Fapstronaut

Day 0
    Starting again from the field.

ICE :D, RavenGT, DRAGON_ and 2 others like this.