The Push-Up Daily Challenge

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Superman#, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

1x20 regular pushups
    1x20 wide-grip pushups
    1x20 diamond-pushups

1x10 incline-pushups
    2x15 incline-pushups
    1x20 decline-pushups
    1x10 bodyweight-rows
    1x20 decline-pushups
    1x10 bodyweight-rows
    1x16 decline + spiderman pushups
    1x10 bodyweight-rows
    1x20 decline + spiderman pushups
    1x5 pullups with biceps
    1x16 bench dip
    1x5 pullups with biceps
    1x20 bench dip
    1x5 pullups with biceps
    1x20 bench dip
    1x15 db palm curl with 12 kg dumbbell
    1x10 regular pullups with assisting foot
    1x15 db palm curl with 15 kg dumbbell
    1x10 regular pullups with assisting foot
    1x18 db palm curl with 15 kg dumbbell
    1x20 regular pullups with assisting feet
    1x10 deep pushups
    1x10 decline pushups
    1x10 incline pushups

Lower arms are hurting a bit. Last days much more. Any ideas?

2. 06/07/2021 A

Did my ILIT: Impromptu Loadless Isometric Training for both before and after my workout

Which are;

1. LOWER LEG ISOTENSION Tense the calves and lower legs hard. (It can be tough to get the knack of this, at first; lifting the heels half an inch off the ground will help.) 1 set of 1-2 seconds

2. THIGH ISOTENSION While standing upright, tense the quadriceps and hamstrings hard. The legs can be either locked, or bent. (You can even perform this seated.) 1 set of 1-2 seconds

3. GLUTEAL ISOTENSION After the thigh tension, tense and squeeze the gluteal muscles together as hard as possible, without moving the hips or thighs. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

4. STOMACH ISOTENSION Smoothly exhale; once the air has left your lungs and the stomach is drawn in, then tense the abdominals hard. There is no need to bend forward. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

5. LATERAL TORSO ISOTENSION Pull the shoulders down in their sockets and tense the lats (under the armpits) hard. You do not need to spread your shoulders out for this drill. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

6. PEC ISOTENSION Pull the shoulders forward in their sockets and tense and squeeze the chest muscles hard. (You don’t need to move your arms much.) 1 set of 1-2 seconds

7. ARM ISOTENSION Holding the arms slightly bent or straight, tense the biceps and triceps hard. You also have the option of making a fist, and tensing your grip. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

Then the main

5 DRILLS (A)

1. SR pull (high) 5 sets of 6 secs

Hold your hands in a “monkey grip” above your head. Brace yourself. Once you are set, pull the hands apart with maximum force for 6-8 seconds. Breathe naturally throughout the exercise.
    Muscles trained: Lats, triceps, grip

2. Door horizontal press 6 sets of 6 secs

Stand sideways in a sturdy doorway and lean forward, with your glutes supported by the inner frame. Place one palm on the opposite inner frame, at about chest height. Brace the body. Once you are set, press hard forwards for 6-8 seconds. Breathe naturally throughout the exercise.
    Muscles trained: Chest, shoulders, triceps, abdominals

3. SR pull (middle) 5 sets of 6 secs

Hold your hands in a “monkey grip” in front of you. Brace yourself. Once you are set, pull the hands apart with maximum force for 6-8 seconds. Breathe naturally throughout the exercise.
    Muscles trained: Upper back, triceps, grip

4. Door top press 5 sets of 6 secs

Stand in a sturdy doorway, and place the palms on the upper frame. If you cannot reach the upper frame, stand on a box or stool, or on the toes. Brace the body. Once you are set, press hard upwards for 6-8 seconds. Breathe naturally throughout the exercise. This exercise can also be performed unilaterally.
    Muscles trained: Shoulders, triceps

5. Wall squat 3 sets of 30 secs
    Sit down with your back against a sturdy wall. Ideally, bend the knees to a 90-degree angle, and hold the position, with your arms away from the legs.
    Muscles trained: Quads, glutes, hamstrings

3. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

4. 50 pushups (noticeably weaker)
    10 chin ups (still feels strong)
    PT lower back

palindromo and EpsilonDelta like this.
  5. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

6. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

7. 07/07/2021 B

Did my ILIT: Impromptu Loadless Isometric Training before my main routine

Which are;

1. LOWER LEG ISOTENSION Tense the calves and lower legs hard. (It can be tough to get the knack of this, at first; lifting the heels half an inch off the ground will help.) 1 set of 1-2 seconds

2. THIGH ISOTENSION While standing upright, tense the quadriceps and hamstrings hard. The legs can be either locked, or bent. (You can even perform this seated.) 1 set of 1-2 seconds

3. GLUTEAL ISOTENSION After the thigh tension, tense and squeeze the gluteal muscles together as hard as possible, without moving the hips or thighs. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

4. STOMACH ISOTENSION Smoothly exhale; once the air has left your lungs and the stomach is drawn in, then tense the abdominals hard. There is no need to bend forward. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

5. LATERAL TORSO ISOTENSION Pull the shoulders down in their sockets and tense the lats (under the armpits) hard. You do not need to spread your shoulders out for this drill. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

6. PEC ISOTENSION Pull the shoulders forward in their sockets and tense and squeeze the chest muscles hard. (You don’t need to move your arms much.) 1 set of 1-2 seconds

7. ARM ISOTENSION Holding the arms slightly bent or straight, tense the biceps and triceps hard. You also have the option of making a fist, and tensing your grip. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

5 DRILLS (B)

1. SR press (middle) 5 sets of 6 secs

Hold your hands interlinked in front of you. Brace yourself. Once you are set, press the hands together with maximum force for 6-8 seconds. Breathe naturally throughout the exercise.
    Muscles trained: Chest, biceps

2. Door horizontal row 5 sets of 6 secs

Stand perpendicular to a sturdy doorway, and buttress your forearm against the wall. With your other hand, grip the inner doorframe. Brace the body. Once you are set, pull hard backwards for 6-8 seconds. Breathe naturally throughout the exercise.
    Muscles trained: Upper back, biceps, grip

3. Door lateral raise 5 sets of 6 secs

Stand in a sturdy doorway, and place the backs of the hands on the inner frames. Brace the body. Once you are set, press hard sideways for 6-8 seconds. Breathe naturally throughout the exercise. This exercise can also be performed unilaterally, using the non-working hand to brace against the doorframe. Muscles trained: Shoulders

4. SR abdominal press I 5 sets of 6 secs

Bend forwards, placing the palms on the knees. Brace yourself. Once you are set, press down hard on the knees. Try to use mostly abdominal force, thinking of the arms only as struts to transmit that force. Hold for 6-8 seconds. Breathe naturally throughout the exercise.
    Muscles trained: Abdominals, hip flexors, chest, triceps

5. SR thigh curl/press II 5 sets of 6 secs

Lie prone on the floor. Bend your legs until the shins are approximately vertical. Loop one ankle behind the other, and brace yourself. Once you are set, push back hard with the front leg, while simultaneously pulling hard with the lower leg. Hold for 6-8 seconds. Breathe naturally throughout the exercise. When the hold is completed, reverse legs and repeat.
    Muscles trained: Hamstrings (rear leg), quadriceps (front leg)

Didn't do any Kettlbell swings today as I didn't have time & didn't do them yesterday as the night before I had a terrible night sleep and didn't feel like doing it.

8. Push-up pyramids (1-2-3-4-5-rest) X 6 = 90 push-ups
    5 chin-ups X 4 = 20 chin-ups
    PT lower back

9. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

10. 08/07/2021 A

Forgit to do my ILIT: Impromptu Loadless Isometric Training before my workout so I did it twice afterwards

Which are;

Then the main

5 DRILLS (A)

Hold your hands in a “monkey grip” above your head. Brace yourself. Once you are set, pull the hands apart with maximum force for 6-8 seconds. Breathe naturally throughout the exercise.

Stand sideways in a sturdy doorway and lean forward, with your glutes supported by the inner frame. Place one palm on the opposite inner frame, at about chest height. Brace the body. Once you are set, press hard forwards for 6-8 seconds. Breathe naturally throughout the exercise.

Hold your hands in a “monkey grip” in front of you. Brace yourself. Once you are set, pull the hands apart with maximum force for 6-8 seconds. Breathe naturally throughout the exercise.

Stand in a sturdy doorway, and place the palms on the upper frame. If you cannot reach the upper frame, stand on a box or stool, or on the toes. Brace the body. Once you are set, press hard upwards for 6-8 seconds. Breathe naturally throughout the exercise. This exercise can also be performed unilaterally.

Sit down with your back against a sturdy wall. Ideally, bend the knees to a 90-degree angle, and hold the position, with your arms away from the legs.

Didn't do my Kettlbell swings as I wasn't in the mood because of a terrible night sleep last night.

11. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

12. 3 pull-ups X 7 = 21
    1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1 push-up pyramids X 2 = 50
    While listening to Manchester Orchestra's "I've Got Friends" on repeat for some reason.

Protein shake and dinner then PT on the lower back for an hour while watching StarGate SG-1.

I'm back in the game, get fukt universe!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2021
  13. 09/07/2021 B

Did my ILIT: Impromptu Loadless Isometric Training before my main routine

Which are;

5 DRILLS (B)

1. SR press (middle) 5 sets of 6 secs

Hold your hands interlinked in front of you. Brace yourself. Once you are set, press the hands together with maximum force for 6-8 seconds. Breathe naturally throughout the exercise.
    Muscles trained: Chest, biceps

2. Door horizontal row 5 sets of 6 secs

Stand perpendicular to a sturdy doorway, and buttress your forearm against the wall. With your other hand, grip the inner doorframe. Brace the body. Once you are set, pull hard backwards for 6-8 seconds. Breathe naturally throughout the exercise.
    Muscles trained: Upper back, biceps, grip

3. Door lateral raise 5 sets of 6 secs

Stand in a sturdy doorway, and place the backs of the hands on the inner frames. Brace the body. Once you are set, press hard sideways for 6-8 seconds. Breathe naturally throughout the exercise. This exercise can also be performed unilaterally, using the non-working hand to brace against the doorframe. Muscles trained: Shoulders

4. SR abdominal press I 5 sets of 6 secs

Bend forwards, placing the palms on the knees. Brace yourself. Once you are set, press down hard on the knees. Try to use mostly abdominal force, thinking of the arms only as struts to transmit that force. Hold for 6-8 seconds. Breathe naturally throughout the exercise.
    Muscles trained: Abdominals, hip flexors, chest, triceps

5. SR thigh curl/press II 5 sets of 6 secs

Lie prone on the floor. Bend your legs until the shins are approximately vertical. Loop one ankle behind the other, and brace yourself. Once you are set, push back hard with the front leg, while simultaneously pulling hard with the lower leg. Hold for 6-8 seconds. Breathe naturally throughout the exercise. When the hold is completed, reverse legs and repeat.
    Muscles trained: Hamstrings (rear leg), quadriceps (front leg)

Been getting lazy on my Kettlbell swings, got distracted by a game on my phone, where I feel I don't have enough time to do it. But I want to not get distracted by my game before or during my routine & play ot after I've done everything before.

14. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

15. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

16. 5 Chin-ups X 5 = 25
    1-3-5-7-5-3-1 pyramid push-ups X 2 = 50
    PT Lower back

17. 10/07/2021 A

Forgot to do my ILIT: Impromptu Loadless Isometric Training before my workout so I did it twice, one after my main routine & the other after my Kettlbell swings

Which are;

Then the main

5 DRILLS (A)

Got back into doing 10 minutes of Kettlbell swings and boy was it tiring, did 215 reps within the time.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  18. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

19. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

1x20 leg-raised pushups
    1x22 diamond pushups
    1x16 decline-pushups
    1x10 pike-pushups
    1x10 chest-dips
    1x16 diamond + decline pushups
    2x3 wide-grip pullups (WITHOUT HELP!! FINALLY)
    1x16 incline pushups on backfeet
    1x10 incline pushupsk
    1x20 spiderman + staggered pushup (10 per arm)
    1x10 decline + pike-pushups
    1x20 pushup on one fist and 5 fingers of other hand (10 per side)
    1x20 one-arm-pushup with assisting fingers of other hand (10 per arm)
    1x20 pushups with one hand on bed (10 per arm)
    1x10 spiderman pushups
    1x10 staggered pushups
    2x20 svend press (with 2,5 kg in total)
    1x2 tucked lever pull-up (hard as hell but I could do it!!)

palindromo and EpsilonDelta like this.