1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Wasted my 20's for reasons I don't understand

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Code Hero, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

First of all, you're not the only one who's dealt with heartbreaks. I for one, know all about it. However, I believe you can date and experiment at any age as long as it's legal. I'm 29 and I've missed a lot of opportunities in regards to dating and relationships. Much of it is due to old history, family matters, and other personal problems (and yes that includes PMO). Sometimes you have things that hold you back in life, but I'm pretty sure I'll make it up when I'm in my 30s and when I have a life of my own. Even though I've had romantic experiences, I'm still learning about the dating world. So I have a long way to go.

As for the guys who treat women with less respect, I think that's just a misconception. I believe that these guys don't really know what they want in a woman nor do they have enough class to treat them any better. Yet they also have their own insecurities given the fact that they need someone in their life in order to prove their self worth. I know some dudes that are like that, and there's a difference between needing a woman to be happy and confident versus being happy and confident to not need a woman. I'm not saying that you'll be lonely forever, but you just got to have faith that you'll meet that special person some day. Most importantly, not only does she has a mindset similar to yours, but you both share the same core values.

Code Hero likes this.
  2. Mike_July_2017

Mike_July_2017 Fapstronaut

The first thing you should have told her is that you liked her and wondered why she did not call back. Why did you waste time and lowered yours and hers self esteem by talking about mundane stuff and ignoring the elephant in the room ?

3. Mike_July_2017

No we do not. For the average man, his 20s are the time when he wants to get laid the most yet his chances with same age girls are the lowest.

The media lies to us that men get laid a lot in their 20s, just to cover up for women slutines and irresponsibility. Their 20s are a an upsetting period of the vast majority of men, romance related.

Namekian23 likes this.
  4. Code Hero

Code Hero Fapstronaut

I asked her if she got my messages, she said yes, and nothing else. I didn't want to be rude, despite her rudeness. She knew I liked her, we'd had a more frank discussion about it on our last date (exclusive but taking it slow).

I reached out to her a month and a half later and asked if she'd be interested in coffee and giving it another shot. She told me she thought I was "a very lovely person" but that she didn't "have the emotional wherewithal to give me more than friendship right now."

She had a boyfriend a week later.

5. Mike_July_2017

Sorry to hear that. Young women are cruel, their ego is inflated by all the attention they get. It gets much better after 30.

Society blatantly lies to young men that if they do this and that they will get love and affection. Reality is that a young girl in her 20s is encouraged, or it could simply be female immaturity, to slut herself up and to be very superficial.

The good news is that if you do get a decent job and an athletic body, you will have plenty of options in your 30s, and you will get to judge and discriminate between women who did something with their live and those who did not.

Most likely this guy she was with a week later was either good looking, or had money and access to party (drugs), or muscles|tatoos and a scary vibe - all very superficial crap that matters for little and sane women should avoid. Is that the case ?

Code Hero likes this.
  6. Code Hero

Code Hero Fapstronaut

Actually no. She's a 27 year old speech pathology student into artist/intellectual types (I'm 28 and have a masters in literature and am in law school). The guy she's with is a filmmaker considering law school, and a friend of a friend of mine (which is how I found out in the first place). I don't think he's any better looking than I am, if anything I'm in better shape.

I've blocked both of them on FB, as well as instagram, because I really don't want to know any more details and I can't understand how I wasn't enough for her but that guy is.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018