1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice
PotentLife
Last Activity:
Dec 4, 2023
Manage Groups:
Birthday:
Feb 26, 1972 (Age: 52)
Personal Caregiver, Artist

Share This Page

PotentLife

Fapstronaut, Male, 52, from Upstate New York

If you dive deep enough into experiencing a "craving" you'll see that it simultaneously is nothing at all and anything you like. Nov 6, 2023

PotentLife was last seen:
Dec 4, 2023
    1. PotentLife
      PotentLife
      On permanent vacation from fapping.
    2. PotentLife
      PotentLife
      Relapsed in the middle of the night. Didn't recognize it coming until it was already a firm decision. I'll journal about it.
    3. PotentLife
      PotentLife
      I notice that going back and editing the little errors in my journal entries has the side benefit of renewing my commitment to what I wrote.
      1. Aexander likes this.
    4. PotentLife
      PotentLife
      Day 6. Tension, feel really wound-up in my core. Need to find a way to relax. Going for a run in a little while.
    5. PotentLife
      PotentLife
      Day 4 since relapsing after accomplishing 9 days. Looking forward to sharing this October challenge with you all!
    6. PotentLife
      PotentLife
      Day 5. Wonder what prompted my blurry world to start to focus once again on this recovery. Last 3 weeks I could barely make a day.
    7. PotentLife
      PotentLife
      4 days back into recovery. These 4 days are precious to me, like $40,000 in a high-interest savings account.
      1. Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.
    8. PotentLife
      PotentLife
      Feeling fuller sense of inspiration to resume Nofap, akin to the big success when I first started. Like all the rooms in my house are lit.
    9. PotentLife
      PotentLife
      Humbled. So humbled. Back here on the site thirsty to learn.
    10. PotentLife
      PotentLife
      13 days back on the wagon. An accomplishment! Making the correct choice during temptation makes choice-making stronger in general.
      1. FreedomIsHere likes this.
    11. PotentLife
      PotentLife
      Wishing you all well.
      1. terminalparadox likes this.
    12. PotentLife
      PotentLife
      14 days back on the wagon. A big achievement for me. Next, to surf social anxiety, depression, fear & despair the way I did temptation.
    13. freedomwarrior
      freedomwarrior
      Stay strong, fellow New Yorker.
      1. PotentLife likes this.
      2. PotentLife
        PotentLife
        Thanks, my friend! All the best to you!
        Jul 29, 2015
    14. PotentLife
      PotentLife
      Day 12. Beleaguered voice: "You can't last much longer." That's just the voice of temptation. Voice, desist. You are a con artist.
      1. cryptifly likes this.
      2. JoeinUSA
        JoeinUSA
        Try not to demonize the voice too much - I used to think of it as demons and Satan even. How the f**k can you fight that, even with divine help. The voices are our own abused and misaligned brain chemicals, bodily hormones, and testicular inflammation. None of it lasts forever, and it abates more and more as you go on.
        Jul 30, 2015
      3. PotentLife
        PotentLife
        The voice says, "Thank You, JoeinMD." ;)
        Jul 30, 2015
      4. JoeinUSA
        JoeinUSA
        Oh oh! I don't mind sharing with you - but don't send those voices after me. Yikes!
        Jul 30, 2015
    15. PotentLife
      PotentLife
      Day 9 after relapse. Lovely to be back. Searching for potentially dangerous feelings and transforming them into courage & inspiration.
    16. PotentLife
      PotentLife
      Very happy to feel renewed inspiration to transform PMO urges into exactly what I'd love for them to be in the long run.
      1. Kenji likes this.
    17. PotentLife
      PotentLife
      Stressed and distracted. Cutting out externals and making abstinence and psychological cleansing number one in my life again.
    18. PotentLife
      PotentLife
      Like the sun suddenly rose in me. Became again who I was when I was inspired, was sober & full of energy, through simply remembering it.
      1. Kenji likes this.
    19. PotentLife
      PotentLife
      Glad to be back up to 12 days sober. Reminds me of the Wright Brothers' first flights.
      1. ThatOneGuy56 likes this.
    20. PotentLife
      PotentLife
      Has anybody been using NLP or NAC techniques for overcoming PMO addiction?
  • About

Birthday:
    Feb 26, 1972 (Age: 52)
    Personal Caregiver, Artist
    Journal Thread Link:
    View my Journal
    Philanthropy, creativity, heuristics, questioning the supposedly obvious, art, film, literature, cinema, travel, comedy, cooking, camping, cycling, guitar, piano.

Signature

POTENTLIFE'S SPREADSHEET
    Feel your feelings. Keep your eyes on the prize.
    POTENTLIFE'S JOURNAL
    [​IMG]