1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Push-Up Daily Challenge

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Superman#, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Submariner

Submariner Fapstronaut

What do you guys suggest for alternative types of push-ups?

2. Don't do them everyday because I am used to have them as a part of the training but I like the idea
    Today 101 done

3. There's Diamond, wide and many others, with a little search you can see the different benefits that everyone of them can give you :)

4. tedy26

tedy26 Fapstronaut

5. MrYang29

MrYang29 Fapstronaut

I only do a push-up every 2 days. with a probably 15kg weighted bag. only can do 8-12 reps with good form.

6. iluvfreedom

iluvfreedom Fapstronaut

7. tedy26

tedy26 Fapstronaut

I like your consistency. You make small but profound changes.

8. tedy26

tedy26 Fapstronaut

9. Nice to see you.

So I can do push ups really well, I did over 100 first day. Usually do sets of 30, 10 normal, 10 with thumb and finger triangle and 10 wide. I like pushing myself. I have dumbells too and squats for legs. I like this challenge, I will keep up minimum 100 per day and try do over 100 sit ups and squats too. Also sprints when the weather is good.

10. 140 push-ups done - 4 × 35.

tedy26 and Superman# like this.
  11. Thanks brother!

tedy26 and Superman# like this.
  12. tedy26

tedy26 Fapstronaut

200 push-ups today. Hope I can maintain it!

fg4795, Superman# and Deleted Account like this.
  13. tedy26

tedy26 Fapstronaut

Why not?

fg4795 and Superman# like this.
  14. 144 push-ups done - 4 × 36.

fg4795 and Superman# like this.
  15. May I join in on this? I am not sure how I should go about this because I typically enjoy doing a push up burnout once a week when I was going to the gym for upper body strength. But I have since stopped doing much for a couple months.

I don't know if my body can handle doing a push up burnout everyday though. At the gym I would do like 4 or 5 other exercises using my arms before finishing with the push-ups. At home, all I have is a pull-up bar and the floor lol.

So if I start doing this thread I would probably do one set of pull ups each day until I can't go any further. Then go into wide push ups until I can't go further, take most 15 second break and do normal (close body) push ups until I can't go further. I would repeat this until I can't do more than maybe 3 push ups in the set.

Does this sound like a bad idea? Is it better for me to do in sets that could be given a longer break in between?

Superman# likes this.
  16. Superman#

Superman# Fapstronaut

Hmm I think working in sets/reps method is typical way of doing this.

You can go to "failure" on your last set though.

17. Superman#

Superman# Fapstronaut

Yesterday:
    40 (10x 4)

Deleted Account likes this.