1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Scripture a Day...

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Yes! God will always provide us a way out.

BurgerChamp likes this.
  2. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Another challenging scripture

Hebrews 11:32-40

(About Faith)
    And what more shall I say? For time would fail me to tell about Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, David, and Samuel and the prophets, who through faith conquered kingdoms, accomplished justice, obtained what was promised, shut the mouths of lions, extinguished the effectiveness of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, were made strong from weakness, became mighty in battle, put to flight enemy battle lines. Women received back their dead by resurrection.

But others were tortured, not accepting release, in order that they might gain a better resurrection. And others experienced mocking and flogging , and in addition bonds and imprisonment. They were stoned, they were sawed in two, they died by murder with a sword, they wandered about in sheepskins, in goatskins, impoverished, afflicted, mistreated, of whom the world was not worthy, wandering about on deserts and mountains and in caves and in holes in the ground. And although they all were approved through their faith, they did not receive what was promised, because God had provided something better for us, so that they would not be made perfect without us.

3. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Luke 11:9-13

“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

BurgerChamp and Tao Jones like this.
  4. God is good; we are not. So, let's keep the focus on him and off of ourselves. In him, we can be and are all he has said. Apart from him, we can do nothing.

Gina3111, BurgerChamp and Akeakua like this.
  5. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

That's very true. However we are still to confess our sins to one another as well, which is why I felt like I should share. James 5:16

6. Of course! I did not mean to imply otherwise. Thank you for sharing here and with your AP team. May your confession lead to true godly sorrow and repentance!

BurgerChamp and Akeakua like this.
  7. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Luke 11:33-36

“No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden, or under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, so that those who come in may see the light. Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are healthy, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are unhealthy, your body also is full of darkness. See to it, then, that the light within you is not darkness. Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be just as full of light as when a lamp shines its light on you.”

8. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Herbrews 12:7-11

Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live! They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

9. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Ecclesiastes 9:13-18, 10:1-4

I also saw under the sun this example of wisdom that greatly impressed me: There was once a small city with only a few people in it. And a powerful king came against it, surrounded it and built huge siege works against it. Now there lived in that city a man poor but wise, and he saved the city by his wisdom. But nobody remembered that poor man. So I said, “Wisdom is better than strength.” But the poor man’s wisdom is despised, and his words are no longer heeded. The quiet words of the wise are more to be heeded than the shouts of a ruler of fools. Wisdom is better than weapons of war, but one sinner destroys much good.

As dead flies give perfume a bad smell, so a little folly outweighs wisdom and honor. The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Even as fools walk along the road, they lack sense and show everyone how stupid they are. If a ruler’s anger rises against you, do not leave your post; calmness can lay great offenses to rest.

BurgerChamp and renew_life_j like this.
  10. Relevant passages for today's turbulent political climate (in the US, at any rate). Great stuff!

11. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

These days are uncertain indeed. It's reassuring that wisdom and Holy Spirit are gifts given by God to those who ask for them with faith and humility :)

Psalms 49:16-20
    Do not be overawed when others grow rich, when the splendor of their houses increases; for they will take nothing with them when they die, their splendor will not descend with them. Though while they live they count themselves blessed— and people praise you when you prosper— they will join those who have gone before them, who will never again see the light of life. People who have wealth but lack understanding are like the beasts that perish.

Gina3111 and BurgerChamp like this.
  12. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

2 Chronicles 7:13-16

“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there.

13. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Luke 12:47-48

“The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

BurgerChamp likes this.
  14. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Proverbs 3:11‭-‬12‭
    My child, do not despise the Lord ’s discipline, and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.

Proverbs 3:‬21‭-‬24
    My child, do not let wisdom and understanding out of your sight, preserve sound judgment and discretion; they will be life for you, an ornament to grace your neck. Then you will go on your way in safety, and your foot will not stumble. When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.

15. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Tough scripture but so important.

Luke 13:24‭-‬30

“Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’ “But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’ “Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’ “But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’ “There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out. People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last."

16. Any who truly desire to enter are invited to do so, but you must stoop low in humility to pass through that door. Those who would try to find another entrance to the Way will find their efforts frustrated again and again. There is only one Way to enter! It is open to all!

17. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Amen! Humility is really the core value. Without humility we would always be justifying our sins. It is a bit more than humility though, it is vigilance too. Which can only reliably come from living through the Holy Spirit. That is the "extra oil" I believe Jesus was talking about in His parable with the ten bridesmaids (Matthew 25:1-13). None of us know when Jesus will come again but we must always be ready. And the door is open to all :).

Gina3111, BurgerChamp and Tao Jones like this.
  18. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Philippians 1:3‭-‬6‭, ‬9‭-‬11

I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
    And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.

BurgerChamp and renew_life_j like this.
  19. This is why we are to abide in him and pray without ceasing. Our connection with the Vine must be vital and vibrant if we are to have Life!

Gina3111, BurgerChamp and Akeakua like this.
  20. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Amen. I am still learning how to pray without ceasing. I know I do not want to be the seeds scattered along the rocks.

Gina3111, BurgerChamp and Tao Jones like this.