1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

720 Days of No PMO

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by AModernMiroku, Jan 2, 2023.

1. AModernMiroku

AModernMiroku Fapstronaut

Friends, peace,

This is the 8th consecutive 90 day streak, & for this, I am grateful.

As usual, here are some links to add context to my journey:

My Journal
    90 Days of No PMO Success Story
    180 Days of No PMO Success Story
    365 Days of No PMO Success Story
    450 Days of No PMO Success Story
    540 Days of No PMO Success Story
    630 Days of No PMO Success Story

I am presently reviewing the journal to see what this round was like as compared to the other rounds.

My memory is not too strong off hand.

My first thought was that this was a time of busyness & work stress. I recall slipping in a handful of goals (some prayer times, reading, personal study, &c.).

But despite the busy nature of the thing, the time seems to have been one without much going on. I think that there were one or two difficult periods of time...but the general memory presents this 90 day period as being "boring" in all ways--temptations alongside goals & fun, too.

Let me see what the journal says...

---

After reviewing the last 90 Days, I perceive that I was mostly correct.

The time itself likely marked more sporadic temptations to fetish/PMO than my previous streak. These periods seemed intense but shorter in duration. Often, the problem would be one or maybe two days--& then after this, I would be fine.

The time was marked by some other events as well:

-My sleep schedule & sleep itself seemed to be consistently poor.
    -A lot of my prayer routine was rushed.
    -I more-or-less dropped my morning ("Viking") runs (which had been a near-daily thing for a time).
    -Body pains seemed to increase.
    -The possibility of the girlfriend (from the last 90 Day streak) seemed to fade from the picture (thus far).
    -The IT studying was intense but did not yet yield fruits; this has made me feel behind.
    -I received a hard-fought raise--& this was a source of stress.
    -I began to revisit InuYasha (nostalgia).
    -I finished a few books.
    -I consistently found that I had a lot more stability when I regularly went to Confession; I need to keep this in mind.

I am hoping that my next streak is marked with greater discipline (prayer, sleep), more success with other goals (work, vocation) alongside a greater sense of energy/optimism/joy. This round, although good, was really quite the drag...

...& yet, I am almost the furthest I have ever been (regarding streaks). This in itself is exciting.

As usual, please let me know if you have any questions &c.

Thanks,
    God bless,
    A Modern Miroku

Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
  2. Babson

Babson Fapstronaut

Congratulations brother, you’re amazing. I love your hardwork keep it up. I’ve a question for you. Despite your longest streaks, do you still struggle with “pied”.

3. You are really inspiring, give me more time - I'm going to be the next inspiring story!
    I'm aiming for a Life Long NoFap Lifestyle now.

Great Job my Friend! - We need you here, we need great people such as yourself to inspiring those who need guidance and help, try to stay here if possible! We are proud of You! :)

2 Years of NoFap is not that Easy, Have you been using the Monk Mode ? No PMO / No Sex ?

4. AModernMiroku

This question has been asked multiple times--it is a popular one! I admit: though PMO gave me many problems (addiction, strange interests, depression, &c.), I never recall having PIED. It is crude to say, but I was always "ready to go." This, perhaps, has to do with my age.

I am glad to be here, but I do spend a decent amount of time here (even if short). Fifteen minutes a day (at minimum...!) could be used for a lot! I stagger to think about the books that could have been read.

Even so, my daily usage here has been very, very intentional. I do not trust myself (as I have "dropped the ball" before), so this method [of a daily log] was very useful (& arguably necessary for where I was when I started). This has been especially seen in hindsight. This forum was something simple that really made my progress take on a new swiftness. For this, I am grateful.

All said, once I reach my initial goal of two years, I might re-evaluate my amount of time here!

I doubt that I shall leave entirely yet...but I really need to think about it.

Given my religion (Catholic) & state in life (single), I have not had PMO at all--even in the context of sex.

I do not really know the rules of monk mode. I do not think that I follow them as they are defined throughout the forum. That said, my life is disciplined & generally quite simple, & I probably live more of a monastic lifestyle than many who attempt whatever those rules entail.

I could explain more, but my Journal & other Success Stories might add the necessary context here.

Thank you both for stopping by & commenting. Feel free to follow-up at need or desire.

Redemptionisrequired and Mr.Tony like this.
  5. Amazing work. This gives me a lot of inspiration.

6. 0xADi90

0xADi90 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the motivation, also want to achieve it.

AModernMiroku likes this.
  7. May I ask you something:

- How long were you addicted ?
    - What age were you exposed to it ?
    - How often did you use PMO ?
    - How do you feel now ?
    - Do you feel any PAWS ?

8. AModernMiroku

@futuremd99 & @adolek17 : Thanks for stopping by.

@Mr.Tony : I defer to my older Success Stories for now. I am in a bit of a rush, so I cannot answer your questions with as much detail as they deserve. Even so:

-It started around 11 years old. Things lead to it, but this age began PMO to fetish material.
    -I used it far too much. A conservative estimate would be around twice daily. But the average was likely 3 or 4 times on average...& some really, really bad days had a lot more sessions, too...
    -I feel pretty good overall. Better than I did. I still have my difficulties, as my writings make clear. But life is fairly normal--& I mean that as a most positive expression. Normalcy is great.
    -PAWS? Maybe. But not in an insane manner any longer. The earlier days were nightmarish & full of gloom. But those were long ago. As said, this is not my first time at this. This has taken a long time.

futuremd99 and Mr.Tony like this.

9. That’s awesome! I recovered long ago but it seemed like such a short time of recovery only being six months strong after the 90. I remember going downhill after dropping out of collage.

Only thing I remember really not changing was my insomnia sadly. My family and close friends know I deal with this.

At this point i’m not sure there’s any real medicine or cure for insomnia. But i’m not opposed to consistent prayer.

10. @AModernMiroku
    Thank you so much for responding, I appreciated it! So you relapsed a few times already ? Before the big success! I wish you great luck, Full of hapiness and Joy!

We really need you here! You are inspiring a lots people. Thanks a lot.

11. AModernMiroku

Yes (understatement of 2023). I had a handful of great streaks that this current one is built on top of. They were all lessons learned & steps forward. The real mystery is that I did not give up.

But again, I must not linger. These things are recorded elsewhere.

Even so, thank you for your kind words & interest.

God bless,
    AMM

Mr.Tony likes this.
  12. Robbiebob

Robbiebob Fapstronaut

My friend.... You are a inspiration.... Truly.

13. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

As always my friend, you are a beacon of light on this forum. Thank you for paving the path, I am proud of you.

AModernMiroku and Robbiebob like this.
  14. AModernMiroku

@Robbiebob & @Redemptionisrequired : Thank you both. You are too kind. I am nothing...

Ego sum vitis, vos palmites : qui manet in me, et ego in eo, hic fert fructum multum, quia sine me nihil potestis facere.

But let us go on--together.

God bless; thank you for the support. It means, to use the common expression, "the world."

15. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

You are quite the opposite from nothing my brother, be kind to yourself. You've accomplished so much and continue to do so every passing day. As you said, let us continue together!

AModernMiroku, Mr.Tony and Robbiebob like this.
  16. He is such wounderful man, He's gone through a lot. He deserves a Medal of hitting 700+ Days.

May ask you @AModernMiroku - Is Sex involved up until now ? Or is it the Hardmode all alone ?

- What are you now willing to do with such hjge amount of Energy ? - That the Million Dollar Question I would live to hear.

Robbiebob likes this.
  17. AModernMiroku

You are too kind. But, none of you really know me well! I am deficient in many ways. I am routinely cold & selfish. It is easier to appear warm over a computer screen.

As I said before, I do not know what the official rules of hard mode are. But as said before, I live according to my state in life. As such, I am more-or-less celibate--if not by vow by practice.

By God's grace, become a saint.
    Words cannot express what that even means. Especially over a forum setting.

Robbiebob likes this.
  18. Kn0wbie

Kn0wbie Fapstronaut

Wow! 720 days is properly impressive!

huge respect - hope one day I can match that!

Robbiebob and AModernMiroku like this.
  19. AModernMiroku